Wales, Scotland and England Covid status

Arm

Firstly I dont do politics and am not supporting any party. So do these 3 - Labour, SNP  and Conservatives keep blaming each other when they are all as bad with infections and deaths per 100000. 

Secondly how can New Zealand be compared to the UK? 

2 hours ago, Arm said:

Firstly I dont do politics and am not supporting any party. So do these 3 - Labour, SNP  and Conservatives keep blaming each other when they are all as bad with infections and deaths per 100000. 

Politics is as much about points scoring and appealing to your own suporters as much as it is about actually doing what the electors sent you there to do. 

2 hours ago, Arm said:

Secondly how can New Zealand be compared to the UK?

Anything can be compared to anything. It's how the measurements are used and what the measurement is trying to demonstrate. As we all know, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics, the crucible on which facts are often lost in a morass of self interest and points scoring, which is where I came in...

Lol. I've given my head a reset and now are trying to understand who is saying what and what makes sense.

So far not much. I listened  to the NZ argument but couldn't see any correlation between the 2 countries.

Don't look for correlation in the numbers. Too many mathematicians out there... Instead look at the intent. The Government there were more intent on keeping their population safe IN SPITE of public opinion, and were willing to stand up for their belief that if the plan (a swift and tough lockdown) bore fruit, they would reap the rewards, which I have no doubt they will come election time. Of course no plan is perfect and I am sure those who lost income and businesses would struggle to see the bigger picture but it's also really rare for the bigger picture to be viewed in such stark relief.

Which reminds me... anyone seen Don? He ususally weighs in on these things but I don't think he's been around for a few weeks. I hope he and his OK.

Does anyone know why he's been absent recently?