Steven Pitt, aka Bugman.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

It's with great sadness that I have to announce that Steve has lost his battle with cancer. Steve passed away earlier today, at home with his family after coming home from a hospice. 

As many of you know, he built his Sport 250 from a kit completing it in July 2018, but never stopped upgrading and improving. His first outing was to our summer BBQ after going to the wrong Fox and Grapes. 3 days later, we were at Thornes Park for his first show. His enthusiasm for all runs and shows was immense, even after we all left him in a carpark when his steering wheel collapsed leaving him to gaffer tape it back together to complete his journey. 

Steve was a regular at all our meetings and will missed by us all. 

Our thoughts go out to Dawn and Josh. 

IMG-20210113-WA0009.jpg

20210115_164626.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 27

That's very sad news indeed @Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO He was a great fellow and a good member of this club. My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Such sad news, I saw Dawn's message on FB when he came home, so felt the dread as soon as I saw the thread title.

He'll be a huge loss to all his family and friends, and was a great Club member to boot. Condolences to his family.

RIP

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So sad to read this report. I first met Steve at the Thornes Park and spent quite a time speaking with him, I came away with the impression that Steve was a terrific guy. Our thoughts are with Steve's family at this sad time.

Roger & Judy Sant

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

RIP Steve

A true legend, gentleman and good friend. My condolences to Dawn and Josh.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes great man and verry talented engineer  last show we went to spent 2 hrs going through  how the turbo worked and cooling system he was going to improve also rc model plane pilot which i did 

Sorry for the loss john and jacky

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It’s been an honour to have known Steve and spent time with him, he will be sadly missed

RIP Steve

Des & Deb’s 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It was truly an honour to have known Steve and he was a fantastic gentleman ... even when I dumped half my oil on his drive he was still as nice as ever. He will be missed by a lot of people and I hope he rests in peace.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very sad news, our sympathy to Dawn and Josh. What a great guy Steve was, so open, warm and friendly as well as being very knowledgeable. May he rest in peace.

1048415018_DSC09262-Copy.JPG.954b1d84fc8c507c38445191e3107199.JPG

892408041_DSC09285-Copy.JPG.8a6357740db95679ce0d0af63caddc30.JPG

1792712866_DSC09284-Copy.JPG.02cdb9bac4c718368bd1cb166f6ef81d.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Very sad news! Our deepest condolences to Steve's family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We all lost a true Gent today, Steve was so enthusiastic about his build it was a pleasure to meet him and follow his build thread on the forum. When I met Steve at the Yorkshire meets whilst his build was in progress I was always astounded by his engineering skills and knowledge on all subjects and how he could overcome problems, making his Westy build a fantastic achievement, along side his mammoth 74 page build thread Steve completed his build from factory collection to IVA pass, first time, in just under 8 months! ..  RIP Steve you have many many friends and family who will miss you greatly.  :westy:

@BugMan build thread:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

bugman.jpg.25009ecdb43a6b6afc8f3c13bedc1571.jpg

• Like 7