my locost

boris g

a few photos of my clubby  i built it in 2007 and got it on the road 2010 i still tinker with it changing things here and there

i intend to machine up another set of wheels the same as the Lola wheels and make some new rear gaurds for it over the next couple of months the car is a bit fat at 802 kg

chris

IMG_6189.JPG

IMG_6973.JPG

IMG_7152.JPG

IMG_7216.JPG

IMG_7597.JPG

• Like 5

sorry about the upside down photos but then again i am from downunder

chris

IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2756.JPG

IMG_2757.JPG

IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

• Like 7

Loving the metalworking skills. It must be all that time upside down, the blood rushes to your brains :)  There's another truly talented metalworker down-under I follow, he's been building a 40s Grand Willy Jeep, but using the mechanicals from a 2008 Grand Cherokee.

Awesome metal work, you must be aircraft trained or avid follower.

True kit car skills show through, the door catch in first photo is epic🤪

Are those shotgun cartridges in the headlight fittings?

• 2 weeks later...

a few photos of how i made the aero screen i had brooklands on there first but wanted a different look

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

• Like 3

I really do take my hat off to you Chris your workmanship and attention to detail is outstanding and your very modest about your abilities , but they say a picture is worth a thousand words and these speak volumes .

Really enjoyed the sprint videos of the clubbie on fb as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i did not put the good video up Gary i spun mid track when the car broke loose in 3rd gear but i kept it out of the wall

a couple more photos the exhaust comes off all in one peice and all the alloy peices of the car when i had to change the clutch

chris 

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

IMG_3601.JPG

• Like 3

Absolutely stunning and when you say 'A bit heavy...' it does have a flippin' great V8 in it not a skinny bike engine!  I am so glad you decided to join and share your work and ideas, truly inspiring and I only need to make an out of sight  radiator ducting...

I think one of the details I love is the design and workmanship of your water bottle holder, love it!

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...