WTD: Shell seats x2 - No longer needed

Quinten

For my Seight, I'm looking for a pair of black shell seats that are a maximum of 43cm wide (up to tunnel height).  And probably a minimum of 41cm internal width to fit my hips.

13 hours ago, Quinten said:

For my Seight, I'm looking for a pair of black shell seats that are a maximum of 42cm wide (up to tunnel height).  And probably a minimum of 40cm internal width to fit my hips.

There are some for sale on FB. Martin Scarborough on Nationwide kit car parts for sale/wanted. £400 in Cheadle. 

• Like 1

Thanks Andrew, but I'm no longer on Facebook so can't see the post (private group).

4 minutes ago, Quinten said:

Thanks Andrew, but I'm no longer on Facebook so can't see the post (private group).

Fully understand that. Tempted to do that myself!  
Photo of advert attached. I’ll contact the seller on your behalf if you would like. 

7264B71B-B21B-4400-B9E8-54E8640735C4.png.43ba791c32ed9c7a501d2358c1be2a8c.png

7B441A94-71BF-4938-ADE9-4FB744F9DD40.png.e840102afd37393259d201e35424bc37.png

• Like 1

Thanks again Andrew.  I'm going to give that some thought.  The more I look at seats, the more concerned I am about buying the right ones!

• Like 1

I've looked them up on the kitcardirect website and the internal dimension is only 38cm :o 

@Quintenjust to add to your decision making, be mindful of height. I don’t know how tall you are but I changed from the old Westfield Sport seats which are ‘sprung’ and as such you sink into them. The new Intatrim seats, like most other padded seats, are foam and you end up sitting higher up. 
This can be helpful when trying to see over that V8 bonnet hump but can also mean hitting your head on the roof or half hood (when fitted!). I had to make roof bars for my half hood as I found it difficult to have my head rubbing the roof and letting water through. 

• Like 1

He's not allowed with 1 mile of most airports! 

image.png.13341b666708d4f6ba55aaaa05298ac7.png

And that's when sitting in his car! 😃 He's lucky his membership isn't scaled to his height 😉 

• Haha 2

Uhm, yeah...  I am kind of vertically challenged (6'5) but most my length sits in my legs like a supermodel with a beard.  This is why I think the JK N4246 maybe a better choice over the Intatrim Odyssey.  The JK would give me additional height, the Intatrim would give me additional width.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Quinten said:

most my length sits in my legs

Be very careful with shell seats then - i'd normally suggest trying them; I'm the opposite, i have a long back, relative to my legs. JK's worked really well for me, as they work by rotating you backwards and down, so your shoulders move further away from the wheel, as you recline more, but, your hips come forward, rotating your knees upwards, so I found my knees more bent, and slightly closer to the wheel. I also had to space the wheel closer to me.

Yes, that's true as well.  I've already raised the steering wheel a little higher (2 washers, can do more but then I need to cut the dash slightly) and got a steering wheel boss spacer that I can use if need be.  It's a struggle these things for tall and/or wide drivers.

1 hour ago, Quinten said:

It's a struggle these things for tall and/or wide drivers.

Agreed, it can be a pain trying to get the right combination of parts and mods to suit, but it's usually possible, with perseverance.

• Like 1

Still looking, but it looks like the JK N4246 is the only seat that my lardy *rse actually fits in, so I suppose that's the ones I'd be looking for...

• Quinten changed the title to WTD: Shell seats x2 - No longer needed

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.