Virtual Peak District Meet- Skype Call Wed 20th Jan 7:30 PM

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Hi all,

As we're unlikely to meet face to face any time soon, let's have another virtual meet to talk  cars, cake and NOT Covid-19!

It will be good to hear what everyone's been up to and find out how the winter upgrades are progressing etc.

We'll use Skype for this (free if you use Wifi) 

PC Version here-  https://www.skype.com/en/

Iphone version is here:  https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/skype-for-iphone/id304878510

Android version here:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skype.raider&hl=en

Please send me a PM with your Skype ID and I'll set up the meeting.

If anyone wishes a test call or help with Skype, just PM me.

@Julie Hall - Peak District AO @AndrewBClarke @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

@Si.Dalziel@Scotty72 @Greenstreak-Andy D @Patrick Costello @BillyPee @RobH72 @6carjon @Andy Westwood@westyjord87 @Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO @Trevturtle @Stu Faulkner @NigelO @stephenh @RallyVW @Snowy Steve @MattV @Andy_R @Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO @LukeW @aeg

Apologies, If I've not tagged a usual suspect, I've tried my best!)

N.B. this isn't limited to Peaky members, all welcome including new comers!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hi Ian, sorry to be a bit dim, but I haven't used Skype for a few years. How do we actually join the virtual meeting?

3 minutes ago, stephenh said:

Hi Ian, sorry to be a bit dim, but I haven't used Skype for a few years. How do we actually join the virtual meeting?

Not dim at all. Have you got a skype ID? let me know (via PM) what it is and we can have a quick test call. I then invite you to the skype meeting on the 20th and you just open skype and join the meeting from a smart phone, PC with headset, smart TV,  Ipad etc. 

48 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

:getmecoat:

Ooops. I'm sure you were on the invite!

😆 no worries!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the invite!

I'll see how busy work is next week. Volumes are currently crazy with "lockdown 3.0" so I'm working all hours! On the upside, it means I don't have to sell my body 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RobH72 said:

Thanks for the invite!

I'll see how busy work is next week. Volumes are currently crazy with "lockdown 3.0" so I'm working all hours!

Join if/ when you can. We'll probably still be talking after 9pm and some 'durty stopouts' will on even longer @Greenstreak-Andy D @BillyPee

1 hour ago, RobH72 said:

On the upside, it means I don't have to sell my body 😂

I'm sure you fully realise the value of that, hence why you're working all the hours!

• Haha 1

Thanks for the invite though I'm not sure I will be back from work in time.

I shall try and make it, now I've re-done my microsoft/skype password.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stephenh said:

I shall try and make it, now I've re-done my microsoft/skype password.

Can you let me know what you're skype id is then, please. I'll then send you an invite from Skype.

Hello Ian,

I'm not sure of the answer, I have a password, but I don't think this is what you require. I seem to be logged in to Skype by my email address, would that be what you need? If so, it is ste££££££££££££

Sorry to be so dim, but I last used Skype in 2017, over 3 years ago.

1 hour ago, stephenh said:

Hello Ian,

I'm not sure of the answer, I have a password, but I don't think this is what you require. I seem to be logged in to Skype by my email address, would that be what you need? If so, it is ste££££££££££££

Sorry to be so dim, but I last used Skype in 2017, over 3 years ago.

Hi Stephen,

That worked. You should have an invite in skpye! I've obscured your e-mail address in your post to reduce the chance of you getting Spam etc.

Thanks Ian.

I thought I was replying to a PM! Certainly wouldn't have posted my email address in full otherwise!