my Lola t70 build

boris g

this is where the Lola sits as of today have decided to try and make an alloy body for it if it does not work i will use the glass one have also been trying to wire the ECU without making it look like a dogs breakfast

chris

IMG_7779.JPG

IMG_7781.JPG

IMG_7795.JPG

IMG_7796.JPG

• Like 6
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boris g

• Chris King - Webmaster

• stephenh

• Greenstreak-Andy D

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some earlier photos made the timber guides so i could clamp the outside sheating on before rivet and sikeflex the floor and most of the tub were surpose to be 1.6 mm alloy but idid not feel comfortabl

Here you go...          

thanks for the kind welcome fellas i strugle with writing stuff and i am not good at spelling  so i normally just use photos to show what i am up to as thats how i learn how to build stuff by looking

Posted Images

Gary Taylor - Scotland AO

Beautiful workmanship, I’m really enjoying seeing your progress .

No disrespect at all but in your other post you say “your only a plumber”, well a plumber with a great skill set .

keep up the good work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
TableLeg
22 hours ago, boris g said:

IMG_7492.JPG

I spy an LS motor....😊

TableLeg
8 hours ago, boris g said:

yes you do  just a 6 L with homemade intake and throttles

chris

Did you see I squeezed a baby 5.3 in mine. 😊

• Haha 1

have been wiring up the ECU only have some power supply wiring and the injectors getting closer to making some noise just hope i can keep the smoke inside the ECU

chris

IMG_7799.JPG

IMG_7822.JPG

IMG_7824.JPG

• Like 4

Looking good!

What tools do you use to create the ridges in things like the ECU cover? Have you a die roller, or do you use hammers/shapers etc?

i use a bead roller i have a motoriezd one but also use just a cheap manual one as well both work well and simple to use the cheap manual ones come with a couple of different dies just dont have as deep throat on them

chris

• Thanks 1
Paul Aspden The 2nd

@boris g The work on this LOLA is just outstanding. Just out of interest do you bleed liquid aluminium?

• Haha 1

Paul i have been taken to the doctors on more than a few times to get an alloy filing picked out of eyes much to the brides disgust they iust dont get it.

and dug alloy splinters out of the souls of my feet as i wear thongs a lot in my shed

a couple of photos of the covers that i made so i can slip the fuel tanks into the side pontoons

and the front  clip 1/4 turn fixings i have 4 on the front they came from the aircraft industry i really like them they pull up nice and snug

chris

IMG_6629.JPG

IMG_6729.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

• Like 5
Paul Aspden The 2nd

Just to avoid confusion. When @boris g says “thongs” remember he’s in OZ and I think that means flip flops.

@boris g I am worried that some of the lads on here might get ideas that you have to dress like Kylie in an Agent Provocateur advert to form Aluminium to a high standard.

• Haha 5

apologies for going a bit off the thread, but seeing Paul's question about bleeding aluminium reminded me that during the time I was building my XI several years ago, I had to have an MRI scan which as most will know involves very intense magnetic field. Well when I came out of the machine and looked at my hands, there were quite a number of little pinpricks of blood on them. I realised that what had happened was that all the little steel swarf pieces which I'd picked up when drilling, cutting and filing had been pulled out by the magnet! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2