Race/sprint/hillclimb car wanted

KiwiCompto

I am a new member and this is my first post on this forum, so hi to everyone.

I used to own a 1700cc all steel crossflow sprint car about 25 years ago when I lived in the UK and had a great time with it.

I am looking to purchase a well specced and set up racecar for export to New Zealand.

I would prefer a tuned Duratec but would consider a S2000 engined or possibly BEC.

Would love to find something similar to a car I notice was sold here recently (Scottishbloke's Supertec), but who wouldn't right?

My budget would be around £20-22,000.

Thanks for looking and please PM me details.

Cheers,

Mark

:ww:Mark. Does you price factor in shipping costs and will you need to register it in NZ (There's a article on someone's 'pain' in our Winter Westfield World Mag on his journey some years ago to register a car for the road in NZ. You'll be able to get a back copy now that your a member from @Mark Redpath - WSCC Membership Secretaryor he may be sending it to you shortly anyhow. 

Good luck in your search. The S2000 is a great engine a road car. It may be a tad heavy for racing though compared to others.

Hi Mark

Welcome to the mad house, a membership pack will be on its way to you shortly, as its literally going to the other side of the world it might take a little longer than usual to reach you, also check out the downloads section as you will be able to read past editions of the magazine, good luck with the search......

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Redpath - WSCC Membership Secretary said:

Hi Mark

Welcome to the mad house, a membership pack will be on its way to you shortly, as its literally going to the other side of the world it might take a little longer than usual to reach you, also check out the downloads section as you will be able to read past editions of the magazine, good luck with the search......

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for the prompt reply @Mark Redpath - WSCC Membership Secretary any idea when @PeterOzwill be uploading the Winter edition, as that's the one Mark in NZ really needs to see?

They normally get put up on the downloads section when the next edition is released, I’ve heard a rumour this might be up for review but nothing confirmed... I know it doesn’t help Mark, but I have a plan !!!!

• Haha 1

Hi Mark & Ian,

Thanks very much for the welcome and I look forward to being an active member of the club.

A couple of my friends have been involved with certification of modified 4wd's over here and there are always lots of hoops to be jumped through to satisfy the certifiers, but I am determined to get another Westie on the road over here.

The figure I mentioned doesn't include the shipping costs or registration costs here in NZ and is what I can go to allowing for extra costs.

Appreciate the advice against the S2000 and I am in two minds over a Hayabusa car or a Duratec car.....my head says go with the Duratec for a bit more reliability but I'll see what comes up.

Thanks again, Mark

I've a tastey Hayabusa Turbo available in budget.

Correctly uk registered, road leagal, current MOT, successfull sprint history, fresh engine, great spec wants for nothing.

IMG_2687.JPG

Hi Jon, can you message me some detailed specs of the car please to my email., mark@i-e-s.co.nz 

Thanks, Mark

Ive seen Jons car in action and if you want a race or sprint car this is the one to buy. 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.