duratec 2.0l for sale

Steve Davis

Testing the water here...... am thinking of swapping my engine out for a 2.5l Paul Gardner. Am still considering all sorts of options so I am open to advice and comments on this subject.

So, the engine, KMS throttle bodies, and ECU, engine wiring loom, full stainless exhaust and header can all be sold, preferably as a job lot. A complete fit and forget package.

Mapped by Steve Greenald two years ago and a very healthy 196hp was reached. Anyone who knows Mr Greenald will know his mapping style. He does not worry about the big number, he maps to provide a driveable, reliable engine. 

This was a brand new crated engine in 2009 and has only done approx. 5k miles. It has been very well look after by myself and the gent who originally built the car. In my two years of ownership the oil has been changed 4 times using top brand oil and filters. It starts first time everytime and has no issues whatsoever. It is still barely run-in!

Raceline sump, otherwise a standard engine.

Price will be circa 3-4k depending on what goes with it, startermotor (new in 2019 genuine ford/mazda) alternator(lightweight new 2020) etc. etc.

All still in car and can be seen and driven, any test welcome. 

Thanks for reading and Happy New Year!

20210101_121252.jpg

20210101_121317.jpg

20210101_121324.jpg

20210101_121401.jpg

20210101_121350.jpg

Edited by Steve Davis
forgot to mention

Have you checked that the 2.5 duratec will fit in your car ? I was told  It is a taller engine than the 2L and requires a V8 bonnet to fit under, so may be a challenge for you without compromising ground clearance. Perhaps a dry sump would equal them out ?

I believe the 2.5 is 13mm taller, would be dry sump aswell so will make it fit

Thanks for reply.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.