Christmas Lego

fil46

Oh, I remember the Tamiya 959 as a teen; was desperate for that one, but parents said it was just too dear, so ended up with a cheaper Tamiya RC car instead, which was ok, and I was great full for,  but lacked all the sophistication (for the time) of the 959

I was in the same boat Dave, I really had my heart set in the Hotshot as my mate had one but ended up with something else, and yes I was gratefull also (or I hope I seemed it at the time??)

I bought a Grasshopper a while ago for my Daughter (honest!), done the usual replace motor for the 540 Sport tuned. But she worries about things breaking so won't play with it, despite me saying the beauty of Tamiya is we can replace everypart so go and break it then we can fix it again!!

There is a suprising number of Tamiya owner who have them as shelf Queens. all very strange.

having just built a Tamiya DT-03 for a one make racing championship the build quality is attrocious compared to other makes

"Shelf Queen", that's the saying I heard a while ago when I purchased the 540 motor for our Grasshopper, we are fortunate to have a little model shop in town that is what I call a proper toy shop (like Beaties and was it Trents before that?) selling Tamiya and Airfix amongst other well known brands from the day and he said that saying to me and how many off the kits he sells is destined for the shelf, he also confirmed our suspicions that most of his customers are mid 40's on.

I kept looking at the Hotshot when I was last in there but can't justify it with everything going on at the moment.

Unless my 8yr old Daughter needs one to race her older sister🤔 🙈

• Like 1

Just been google-ing Lego, like you do, check this out 😇

• Like 3

On 05/03/2021 at 12:27, Glen_I said:

"Shelf Queen", that's the saying I heard a while ago when I purchased the 540 motor for our Grasshopper, we are fortunate to have a little model shop in town that is what I call a proper toy shop (like Beaties and was it Trents before that?) selling Tamiya and Airfix amongst other well known brands from the day and he said that saying to me and how many off the kits he sells is destined for the shelf, he also confirmed our suspicions that most of his customers are mid 40's on.

I kept looking at the Hotshot when I was last in there but can't justify it with everything going on at the moment.

Unless my 8yr old Daughter needs one to race her older sister🤔 🙈

Sadly the age of rc racers is going up too not many youngsters wanting to start. possibly due to price, possibly xbox, here's my Tamiya DT-03 for racing when Boris lets me

frog dt03.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 09/03/2021 at 08:52, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

Which one next 😄 😁

Late birthday prezzie 612E201F-E65C-4DEB-BEC0-DD3643709F35.thumb.jpeg.9e6c950125600e33e09fd99476f8dc8f.jpeg

• Like 1

On 05/03/2021 at 22:41, marcusb said:

Just been google-ing Lego, like you do, check this out 😇

XXL Lego!! Isn't that bloke so, so clever. And 3D printing is amazing too!!

• 3 months later...

My son has lots of lovely Lego kits too very expensive hobby when they end up like this 😂😂😂16339724659428141076513218882993.thumb.jpg.41ddb6f06ca89bbddb554ef4b301a765.jpg

My wife would go mad if that appeared on the mantle piece.....

Could be £569 well spent me thinks🤣

3 hours ago, Glen_I said:

My wife would go mad if that appeared on the mantle piece.....

Could be £569 well spent me thinks🤣

exactly my thoughts as well 😂

• Haha 1