Christmas Lego

fil46

4 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

And will still "need" the lights...

Ha ha ha just been looking at them 💰💰

• Like 1

Lockdown Lego #3 complete and yes I brought the light kit to...............  😁🤣     Thats this weekends job 

image.png.e08e3e180a52605b73e0a07b6f4bd817.png

image.png.38061304414b0823e800b8dc128dbba0.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

Lockdown Lego #3 complete and yes I brought the light kit to...............  😁🤣     Thats this weekends job 

😀😀😀 which light kit did you go for ?

On 19/02/2021 at 19:30, AlanHodge said:

😀😀😀 which light kit did you go for ?

This is the other 2 lit up  

image.png.3f137bc50a6243854f01ea0254dd81b4.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

This is the other 2 lit up  

image.png.3f137bc50a6243854f01ea0254dd81b4.png

Thanks Tom, better order some 😀😀

Look what's finally turned up! 😁

IMG_20210224_123512.thumb.jpg.ac3d4ac960eb89d34ea2076cb1ddf6e1.jpg

I doubt I shall get much of a look in though... 

IMG_20210224_123445.thumb.jpg.7668fe69c4915399cce1c4990f60a34f.jpg

11 year old + mando + lego = building frenzy. 😂

• Like 2

Although I'm finding it slightly disturbing that Lego construction now seems to require the services of some kind of rechargeable Dewalt product, and a rolling pin!

But at least you've got a cat overseeing the project!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Although I'm finding it slightly disturbing that Lego construction now seems to require the services of some kind of rechargeable Dewalt product, and a rolling pin!

But at least you've got a cat overseeing the project!!

😂 I could say that the Dewalt is for drilling holes to put the screws in to hold the lego set together and the rolling pin is for those bits that just won't go together, but I'd be lying! 

We put the set together in the conservatory which is also the dumping ground for stuff to go out in the shed for the car boot sale box. That's why the table is also full of vases, place mats, a bread maker, battery and charger, a rolling pin and a cat. 

As it happens, the cat is a crap project manager... :bangshead:

2 hours ago, GaryD1971 said:

As it happens, the cat is a crap project manager... :bangshead:

Surely the cat is the House Manager...

As someone (I know not who) once said, dogs have owners, cats have staff...

23 minutes ago, Blatman said:

Surely the cat is the House Manager...

As someone (I know not who) once said, dogs have owners, cats have staff...

This is true indeed. We exist purely to serve their every need... 😂

Following this thread over the last few months fired up an enthusiasm to dig out my son's old lego technic models and build them as I'd got fed up with doing jigsaws! 

Rumaged through the loft and found two boxes dated 1989, one a JCB and the other a Drot - tracked loading shovel. Built the Drot first and to be expected there were a few parts missing, searched the large box of lego our grandsons play with and luckily found what I needed. Next the JCB, a lot more complicated, but worked through the instructions methodically. First problem, missing worm gear. Searched eBay and found what I needed, so waited a week for part to arrive from France. Moved on several more pages and again more missing parts, so sourced replacements, wait a week and move on. Eventually after 3 weeks it was complete! Really enjoyed the builds and the resultant models work really well and now proudly adorn our book shelves awaiting the return of our grandchildren to play/destroy them. 

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

• Like 4

That JCB brings back memories, I used to inherit my older cousins Technic, my pride and joy was the Technic car, you all know the one....twin shocks on the rear, red adjustable seats, 4 cylinder boxer engine and working transmission iirc??

How basic does it look now though, unfortunately I don't have any of it anymore, why would I keep it....not like I was ever going to have children and settle down....and here I am trying to encourage my children to get involved 🤣