Christmas Lego

fil46

On 31/01/2021 at 08:41, RICHARD+PHILIP said:

Woohoo after a month of construction I've finished Apollo 11.IMG_20210131_083908.thumb.jpg.cead18fe87368a803ea5eeede2f97071.jpg

I am off to Google, as I need that in my life.

4 hours ago, DIY-Si said:

I am off to Google, as I need that in my life.

It is awesome I think it is out of production so you have to be lucky to get one. It even splits into the different stages. Oh and 1969 pieces

53 minutes ago, RICHARD+PHILIP said:

It is awesome I think it is out of production so you have to be lucky to get one. It even splits into the different stages. Oh and 1969 pieces

Its on back order with Lego, but due on the 11th Feb apparently. 🤞

• 2 weeks later...

I do prefer Technic Lego, and I'm doing my best to encourage my son to feel the same. "Normal" lego is good, but I find it a bit basic in detail in comparison. Some of the Technic models are so detailed, but not as playable as normal Lego so its not for everyone. 

In other news, I've just had an invoice for the Saturn V rocket. So I'm hoping that will be with me before the weekend! 🚀🚀

Enjoy the saturn V build! the instuctions are a wonder in themselves. 

One thing that blew me away is the volume of fuel required to get 3 people and a tiny capsule to the moon and back 

On 10/02/2021 at 09:44, DIY-Si said:

I do prefer Technic Lego, and I'm doing my best to encourage my son to feel the same. "Normal" lego is good, but I find it a bit basic in detail in comparison.

Same here, my daughters enjoy the 'Friends' range but I feel Technic is far better value for the money, but as you pointed out Technic isn't for everyone one.

Yay, I now have it in my life!! Just got to wait until my son is here next weekend to make a start on it.....

20210212_154234.jpg

It also came with a free valentines gift for the fiancée, who oddly enough wasn't that pleased!

20210212_154628.thumb.jpg.28a723ef204850f4a69d4a41118d8e08.jpg

3 hours ago, Glen_I said:

That manual is thicker than the real owners manual on my 110 Defender!😀

Thats because the Lego model will work and be reliable :oops:

:getmecoat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, Blatman said:

Thats because the Lego model will work and be reliable :oops:

:getmecoat:

Certainly won’t rust!

Costly forum this 😳😳 How come because the LED rear lights I want for Westy are out of stock, I end up ordering Lego Technics Defender ?????

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, AlanHodge said:

Costly forum this 😳😳 How come because the LED rear lights I want for Westy are out of stock, I end up ordering Lego Technics Defender ?????

And will still "need" the lights...