Westfield newbie

WSC Simon

Hello all.

I'm new here and have recently taken ownership of my new, not so new Westie.

Firstly,  forgive the name. It doesn't actually refer to Westfield Sports Cars, its actually my sons initials and the name of my business which is unrelated to the cars..

Been looking at buying a Westfield for as long as I remember. I've been a biker for 19 years, and having a child/business and all my mates growing up and doing the same, my riding has dwindled (especially post covid), so I decided to switch it up and take the plunge (hoping that me and the 4yr old can enjoy it together). 

I've bought a 97 SEIW Vauxhall Red top, she's pretty good, but as with any new toy, I've started looking for all the jobs I "NEED" to do. I've played with bikes for many years, but this is my first foray into the proper sportscar market amd I'm a little nervous to fettle. Looking through the forums it really is a wash of helpful, knowledgeable people, and it seems that there is always someone who has been there and done it, so I apologise if there are some stupid questions...

As I see lots, pics are compulsory.. so attached is the day I got her.. 

I've not given up in the bikes, im just waiting until I grow a new garage..

Ps, thats not me in the drivers seat.

20201205_105547.jpg

• Like 6

:ww:Simon and a great pic of your car. Ask away, we like questions! As you're probably aware, the MD of WSC is called Simon too ( @Simon Westwood - Westfield Sportscars Ltd) , hence your username might confused some members! You can always change it later on if, you start getting all Mr. Westwood's 'fan mail' 😉

• Like 1

:ww: from a damp and miserable Norfolk! Sweet car and obviously in the correct colour too! 

14 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

:ww:Simon and a great pic of your car. Ask away, we like questions! As you're probably aware, the MD of WSC is called Simon too ( @Simon Westwood - Westfield Sportscars Ltd) , hence your username might confused some members! You can always change it later on if, you start getting all Mr. Westwood's 'fan mail' 😉

Ah.. poor choice of name... doh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GaryD1971 said:

:ww: from a damp and miserable Norfolk! Sweet car and obviously in the correct colour too! 

The weather is depressing.. what a silly time to buy a new toy.. Can't even go and enjoy it!

The yellow is certainly there to be seen.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome from Somerset!

Only had my Westie since last May and so still high up the leader board on daft questions - but everyone is really helpful and been there too!

Enjoy!

W

• Haha 1

Welcome! Looks a fantastic car, it’s got a great engine in the C20XE, they really suit Westfields.

Lots of owners have come to these cars via a similar route from bikes, I’m sure you’ll have a ball with it when conditions allow!

No such thing as a stupid question! (Though the same can’t be said about the odd answer, occasionally). :laugh: ;) 

When it comes to upgrades and personalising, you may have one or two items you want/need to do straight away, no problem, but otherwise, I’d always recommend trying to resist the urge till you’ve had a chance to experience the car for a bit and get some miles on it. You’ll have a much better idea of what the priorities for you,  are then.

Lovely car. Fairly new here myself, it’s a cool place to hang out. Like you also a life long biker. I’m sure you will enjoy your new toy. Also notice your lad has a matching vehicle in the background 😍. Cheers, Ian.

• Haha 1

Welcome along.

Id recommend you keep your username then when your son is 20 i can flog you my reg number....🤣🤣🤣

20200712_070817.thumb.jpg.7c6a9b76ea5c2451db312339098f6c64.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome, I'm just down the A37 from Bristol and also mixing Westy ownership with bikes.

Had mine for about 4 weeks so almost as excited as you.

Stats to date:

Miles done: 450

Miles in the dry: 12

Time spent driving: 9 ish hours

Time spent cleaning: 8 hours

Hoping my driving to cleaning ratio improves next year. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Welcome! Looks a fantastic car, it’s got a great engine in the C20XE, they really suit Westfields.

Lots of owners have come to these cars via a similar route from bikes, I’m sure you’ll have a ball with it when conditions allow!

No such thing as a stupid question! (Though the same can’t be said about the odd answer, occasionally). :laugh: ;) 

When it comes to upgrades and personalising, you may have one or two items you want/need to do straight away, no problem, but otherwise, I’d always recommend trying to resist the urge till you’ve had a chance to experience the car for a bit and get some miles on it. You’ll have a much better idea of what the priorities for you,  are then.

So far it'll just be tidying up bits of rust etc, but contemplating an MSA half cage as my head is the same height as the roll bar, but thats for a different message feed.. 

1 hour ago, CraigHew said:

Welcome along.

Id recommend you keep your username then when your son is 20 i can flog you my reg number....🤣🤣🤣

20200712_070817.thumb.jpg.7c6a9b76ea5c2451db312339098f6c64.jpg

If you do ever want to sell that, look me up!!