low-pro car jack

CraigHew

Has anyone come across anything similar in the UK?

Was thinking about carrying a small emergency jack in the Westfield but at $220 plus shipping this one's a touch expensive.

1215007446_floorjack1.JPG.0c406774ec4710a796ad5aa81a944c04.JPG

1145125364_floorjack2.JPG.f1859f4f3c60b5c24e5f253cddcebf69.JPG

Edit: @CosKevcan you make me one?

Edit: @Westfield Parts Dept would make a great accessory if you could mass produce?

I carry a standard Halfords scissor jack in mine. Held in place with one of these trimmed with a hot knife and riveted to the ally panel. Cheap and handy solution for an emergency! 

IMG_20190904_164740.thumb.jpg.07782d21d073a247f498a2b8edda2fde.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CraigHew said:

Edit: @CosKevcan you make me one

I wish!🤣

That's a job for an engineering shop soz,not a train driver in his garage with a angry grinder and a welder!

I would bet a one off to be designed and made would be a lot more expensive than that one from USA.

Why do you want a jack in the car anyway,unless you are planning on carrying a spare wheel I can't see any use for one?🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

I havent carried a jack for the past 7 years, only a "slime" kit and its compressor.

However when the inevitable puncture eventually happens i think i stand a better chance of plugging the hole ( ive bought a couple of decent kits) if i can rotate the wheel to an optimal position to work on.

The elevated wheel will also re-inflate better without the put-put compressor trying to overcome the weight of the car too.

Ive ordered a decent scissor jack with a ratchet handle.

It just struck me that the jack i posted pictures of was the ultimate low entry jack....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

I havent carried a jack for the past 7 years, only a "slime" kit and its compressor.

However when the inevitable puncture eventually happens i think i stand a better chance of plugging the hole ( ive bought a couple of decent kits) if i can rotate the wheel to an optimal position to work on.

Get @CosKevto push the car, forward or backwards to enable you to work on it without lifting!

The elevated wheel will also re-inflate better without the put-put compressor trying to overcome the weight of the car too.

It's a 650kg kit car not your Hillbilly pickup! 

I've ordered a decent scissor jack with a ratchet handle.

I hope you never need it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CraigHew said:

However when the inevitable puncture eventually happens i think i stand a better chance of plugging the hole ( ive bought a couple of decent kits) if i can rotate the wheel to an optimal position to work on

Hmmm good luck with finding a puncture on a tyre that's still fitted in the rear arch of a Westfield!

If the offending screw/nail etc has fallen out without pumping up the tyre and having a spray bottle handy to wet the tyre to identify the hole it will be a struggle!

Just bang a aerosol in the wheel and get going👍

1 hour ago, CosKev said:

Hmmm good luck with finding a puncture on a tyre that's still fitted in the rear arch of a Westfield!

If the offending screw/nail etc has fallen out without pumping up the tyre and having a spray bottle handy to wet the tyre to identify the hole it will be a struggle!

Just bang a aerosol in the wheel and get going👍

Nope it's fairly straightforward.  Managed to plug and repair one in the rear tyre on mine in Aug.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Nope it's fairly straightforward.  Managed to plug and repair one in the rear tyre on mine in Aug.

You're quite a lot younger,and much more agile than Ant and Decs Dad though.........🤭

14 minutes ago, CosKev said:

You're quite a lot younger,and much more agile than Ant and Decs Dad though.........🤭

Less than 500 mile old, R888R!

image.png.66b04d4b6ff5d18c500a0dd03125ea42.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Managed to plug and repair one in the rear 

@CosKev : disappointed you missed a trick with that one

• Haha 3

On 18/12/2020 at 16:38, AndrewOBW said:

I carry a standard Halfords scissor jack in mine. Held in place with one of these trimmed with a hot knife and riveted to the ally panel. Cheap and handy solution for an emergency! 

IMG_20190904_164740.thumb.jpg.07782d21d073a247f498a2b8edda2fde.jpg

Tools under the bonnet. There’s an idea.