FRIDAY 9th July 2021 WSCC Blyton Trackday

Terry Everall

Yes it was a great day. Big thanks to the organisers 👍.

Good concise briefing too!

I only took a couple of photos but here they are. Hopefully I have plenty of GoPro footage but will need to check

C6AA30AD-4D38-4A37-96BF-9C88D2DD9A51.jpeg

AB681914-9A17-4120-8CB6-4DC22C467E4A.jpeg

Had a great time, thanks all. My Westfield was fine on the day, no issues thankfully as I was a bit paranoid about the drive back. Shame we were all so spread out. Big thanks to Tony for the burgers, coffee and use of a  chair. I'd not expected it to be so hot. 

Great to push the Westfield for the first time. The levels of grip are incredible. I found the mix of tyre walls and cones made finding my braking turning in points quite difficult. It got better as I learnt the track. I definitely need a trailer if I want to do more. 

• Like 1

Also had a great afternoon eventually, sorry for the red flag in the morning didn’t even make one corner!

But thanks to everyone one that helped me find a dodgy FIA switch & temporarily repair it.
Had a great afternoon learning getting to grips with the new car until the last run where I think I was getting a bit of chain slip.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

Also had a great afternoon eventually, sorry for the red flag in the morning didn’t even make one corner!

But thanks to everyone one that helped me find a dodgy FIA switch & temporarily repair it.
Had a great afternoon learning getting to grips with the new car until the last run where I think I was getting a bit of chain slip.

new car?

• Haha 1

Just now, Rush Motorsport said:

new car?

The blue one😉

23 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

new car?

The XTR2 that Andy’s snook in on us!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Lovely! 

What a sound it it makes too! .. not the typical BEC girlie scream, more of a growl. 😎

Have got some vid of me driving my puddin's off trying to keep up with it. 🙂 

• Like 1

It was great to eventually see the xtr2 actually being used in anger. Like Andrew says the noise is not like a normal bike sound. @Rush Motorsport be great to see you back out with us soon

• Like 1

First vid from me.

Early session, following @Michael Whitworth, still getting to grips with the recent changes to the circuit. I've not been to Blyton for I think, three years.. and I was struggling a bit. Is it me or is it getting more and more bumpy? It seems faster in some parts and slower in others..

Ended up fumbling for gears and going straight on at Ushers.

• Like 2

Second vid.. although it says part one, it was actually the last session I did. 

After the circuit had allowed us a limited number of "paired" runs.. allowing two cars out at the same time, it got stopped in the afternoon.. boo!  

So, last session, @Kingster & @Andy - a15cro set off ahead of me, and I chased off after them. 

38 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Second vid.. although it says part one, it was actually the last session I did. 

After the circuit had allowed us a limited number of "paired" runs.. allowing two cars out at the same time, it got stopped in the afternoon.. boo!  

So, last session, @Kingster & @Andy - a15cro set off ahead of me, and I chased off after them. 

It's not a racetrack you know

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

First vid from me.

Early session, following @Michael Whitworth, still getting to grips with the recent changes to the circuit. I've not been to Blyton for I think, three years.. and I was struggling a bit. Is it me or is it getting more and more bumpy? It seems faster in some parts and slower in others..

Ended up fumbling for gears and going straight on at Ushers.

I remember letting you past several time on track. 😂 

• Like 1

Last one from me. 

Battling with Becs. 😉 

Not sure who the first silver car was, but I think it was bike powered? ..then along came @Andy (Sycho) in the XTR2. ... I had to try didn't I. 🙂 and ending up with Andy's pal (and new member??) Matt in the red Megablade.

• Like 1

• Kingster unpinned this topic