FRIDAY 9th July 2021 WSCC Blyton Trackday

Terry Everall

Hoping to head up tonight though woefully underprepared at the moment. I hope the weather has finally settled down we had a mini monsoon yesterday here in Leicester. My first trackday in the Westfield, looking forward to it and to meeting you all. 

• Like 2

Just checking the situation with regards to spectators, are there any restrictions in place?

6 minutes ago, Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO said:

Just checking the situation with regards to spectators, are there any restrictions in place?

There are no spectators allowed due to COVID. 

Volunteer helpers/Marshalls might be needed though - liase with @Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary perhaps?

1 hour ago, Kingster said:

There are no spectators allowed due to COVID. 

Volunteer helpers/Marshalls might be needed though - liase with @Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary perhaps?

No spectators for track day as well or just Sat/Sun?

Been up this morning grass is a little soft. But weather is good. 

No spectators at all. 

Only "helpers" to people taking part in the trackday and nominated people helping Saturday and Sunday. 

Annoyingly not going to make it as my zetec thermostat housing has cracked! Can’t get a replacement in time unless anyone happens to have one near York! Gutted 😞 

Hope you all have a good day day though 👍

25 minutes ago, Jack T said:

Annoyingly not going to make it as my zetec thermostat housing has cracked! Can’t get a replacement in time unless anyone happens to have one near York! Gutted 😞 

I've got a spare for a 2.0 blacktop I'me in Mirfield if that's do-able for you 😎

• Like 1

Think I have a blacktop stat housing as well. Will be driving down the A1 from Newcastle later today

• Like 2

That’s great thanks for the offers either of those might just save the day! Its for a silver top but I believe the housings are the same from memory? 

6 minutes ago, Jack T said:

That’s great thanks for the offers either of those might just save the day! Its for a silver top but I believe the housings are the same from memory? 

The difference is the lack of temp sender. Blacktop stat has none (and nowhere to fit one)

@Jack Tthis is the blacktop one:

IMG_1400.JPG.a52569de4e5607efdfb172c2a3b3f00d.JPGIMG_1398.JPG.240da81baabd3516b5e6c70b52cca623.JPGIMG_1397.JPG.0125673e04bb6b2190923c5d835f4f47.JPG

• Like 1

@marcusb

Thanks so much for the offer and pics. 

@Kingster might be closer by but I still might take you up on the offer. 

My only concern is the engine loom temperature sensor as there isn’t a point for it unlike a silvertop one. Not sure how the engine would run if at all without it connected  

• Kingster unpinned this topic