New owner S2000

Welshdan

Hi all, I'm hopefully picking up my first Westfield tomorrow.

It's a Mega S2000, I cant wait & hope to see a few of you around over the next year. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ

• Like 9

Welcome and congrats they are a lot of fun. Hope to see you out and about.ย 
ย 

We do like pictures so throw some up when you can.

Welcome, and congratulations !

There's no better feeling than the first drive home when the car is finallly yours....๐Ÿ‘

23 hours ago, Welshdan said:

Hi all, I'm hopefully picking up my first Westfield tomorrow.

It's a Mega S2000, I cant wait & hope to see a few of you around over the next year. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ

Welcome Dan clad you joined, did you manage to pick it up?

No, my 1 year old boy has a kidney condition & has been tested positive with Covid so couldn't risk the trip. I offered a deposit to keep it until next weekend but he said he has somebody else that wants to look at it Tuesday. I just hope they dont buy it now. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear that Dan, hope your lad getsย better soon, everything else can wait.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Welshdan said:

No, my 1 year old boy has a kidney condition & has been tested positive with Covid so couldn't risk the trip. I offered a deposit to keep it until next weekend but he said he has somebody else that wants to look at it Tuesday. I just hope they dont buy it now. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

That's not very considerate of the seller, given the health concerns you've expressed.ย 

If youโ€™ve already viewed it and 100% want it, Iโ€™d just pay in full and pick it up later, but Iโ€™m very trusting!

58 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

That's not very considerate of the seller, given the health concerns you've expressed.ย 

ย 

The problem is there are soo many time wasters out there using all sorts of excuses it's hard as a seller to know exactly who is genuine and who isn't. (not implying anything here to the OP)ย 

ย 

Although on the flip side selling kits has always been painless. Once I was paid in full while the buyer sorted out collection and the other I was paid 50% deposit to hold the car for a week until the buyer could get to see it.ย 

I sold my Lotus and the buyer paid 100% prior to even viewing it. He flew in from IOM and I picked him up from the airport.

That was a few years back, but as others have said, if you want it and have seen it offer to pay in full the mutually agreed price. Most sellers would hold the car for a week, itโ€™s not asking much imo.ย 
Andy

6 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

ย 

The problem is there are soo many time wasters out there using all sorts of excuses it's hard as a seller to know exactly who is genuine and who isn't. (not implying anything here to the OP)ย 

ย 

Although on the flip side selling kits has always been painless. Once I was paid in full while the buyer sorted out collection and the other I was paid 50% deposit to hold the car for a week until the buyer could get to see it.ย 

Im not a timewaster though, I sent him a screenshot of the text from NHS showing my boys results. He said he'd keep it for me it so I offered him a deposit to be certain I'm not a timewaster. Everything happens for a reason I suppose.ย