2021 Speed Series Regulations

Terry Everall

1 hour ago, AdamR said:

Welcome to double drive with me if you can get the b*****r through scrote-ineering! 😄

Thanks Adam

I don't know if that's an endorsement of my driving or evidence of your madness! 🤣🤪

You imply the 'scruottery' odds would be much of a risk!

• Like 1

Your driving!

And yes, sadly, I fear too many out of the ordinary features to pass MSA regs.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I'm a newbie can someone advise the best 13" wet tyres from MSA tyre list 1a or 1b for the westie, I'm planning on using Toyo R888r for the dry has anyone got experience of these in the wet?

196-206permittedtyresl-1.pdf

On 11/12/2020 at 17:51, AdamR said:

And yes, sadly, I fear too many out of the ordinary features to pass MSA regs.

That's cruel!

Offering a drive in a Westie that would never pass scruteneering 😨😰😭

😁

4 hours ago, Mark Hughes said:

Hi, I'm a newbie can someone advise the best 13" wet tyres from MSA tyre list 1a or 1b for the westie, I'm planning on using Toyo R888r for the dry has anyone got experience of these in the wet?

196-206permittedtyresl-1.pdf 949.87 kB · 7 downloads

I find 888's are ok in all but standing water, sprints are a little different too a race, if a race is wet it's wet, if it's raining during a sprint chances are it will at some point be dry. If the day starts dry and it rains then the best wets in the world won't better your dry times, if it starts wet then I've yet to attend a event where it doesn't dry enough at some point to slip a "quick" time in.

wets are nice to have but its extremely rare that you fastest time of the day will be set on them, I never have.

edited to add I prefer to have a new unused set of my tyre of choice for "wets" and when my "dry" set are tired the new set are promoted into use and another new set purchased, make any sense? I know what I mean.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, K17 CAR said:

I find 888's are ok in all but standing water, sprints are a little different too a race, if a race is wet it's wet, if it's raining during a sprint chances are it will at some point be dry. If the day starts dry and it rains then the best wets in the world won't better your dry times, if it starts wet then I've yet to attend a event where it doesn't dry enough at some point to slip a "quick" time in.

wets are nice to have but its extremely rare that you fastest time of the day will be set on them, I never have.

That makes a lot of sence, cheers

I never knew anyone competing successfully in the Speed Series in a road going class who used wet tyres and dry tyres. Just go with what you are comfortable with. Like K17CAR says, at some point, the conditions will be favourable for your tyre, and that is more than likely to be your best time of the day. The rest of the time, just try and keep it on the black stuff and enjoy the challenge!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, K17 CAR said:

edited to add I prefer to have a new unused set of my tyre of choice for "wets" and when my "dry" set are tired the new set are promoted into use and another new set purchased, make any sense? I know what I mean.

Hi yes I know what you mean 

21 hours ago, AdamR said:

I would pass it... but I fear the old guard wouldn't.

With Covid things have changed. Self certification scrutineering nowadays all on line so I am led to believe

22 hours ago, John said:

With Covid things have changed. Self certification scrutineering nowadays all on line so I am led to believe

Well that is interesting - thanks John! We might be back on Smeg ;)

• Thanks 1

It is certainly possible that Self Certification Scrutineering may be in place for some or all of the season. I am in favour of this but remember that the scrutineers will still have the power to fully scrutineers cars they think need to be checked over or non compliant with the regulations

They had a quick look over mine at Blyton earlier this year, one or two others too, just picked at random.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

15 entries os far but now that Xmas and New Year celebrations are ended can I see some more entries please?

3 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

...... can I see some mare entries please?

Oh! Do you have too many Stallions! 😁

• Captain Colonial unpinned this topic