Which motorsport licence?

Mark Hughes

Hi, I'm a newbie member, I want to join the 2021 sprint series and want to know what Motorsport UK licence I need?  Thanks Mark

I’m also looking at this, can you apply for one yet & do you need to take an exam?

Can’t seem to make head nor tail of it🙈

• Like 1

Andy all you needs is the rs interclub

No exam no medical £69 and will be with you in a couple of weeks 

• Like 2

You do not need to pass test and it is ( from Rally and Speed Section)RS Interclub license. There is 25% off the 2020 prices

16 minutes ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

I’m also looking at this, can you apply for one yet & do you need to take an exam?

Can’t seem to make head nor tail of it🙈

A new beginners guide has just been finished and will hopefully be published in the next couple of days (when I pull my finger out) 

• Like 2

Thanks both but I can’t seem to find a new application for 2021 only renewal.

Am I being thick?

You will have to apply to Motorsport Uk for an application form. I believe only renewals are possible onlne

You can call them on 01753765050 for advice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

Am I being thick?

Andy just had a look and there currently isn't availability online for new licence holders. I got my first license by doing it online, due to covid they may be only accepting paper applications but having looked there is only the 2020 form online at the moment. As terry said worth a call Monday they are. Or ally very helpful. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help and advice. I managed to apply for a new RS interclub licence on line, I went into renewals and it gave an option for a new licence, in the end it was a simple tick box exercise.

On 05/12/2020 at 21:10, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

You will have to apply to Motorsport Uk for an application form. I believe only renewals are possible onlne

You can call them on 01753765050 for advice

On 05/12/2020 at 21:03, Andy (Sycho) said:

Am I being thick?

Just now, Mark Hughes said:

Thanks for the help and advice. I managed to apply for a new RS interclub licence on line, I went into renewals and it gave an option for a new licence, in the end it was a simple tick box exercise.

I presume you had to send a passport photo?

On 09/12/2020 at 13:49, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

I presume you had to send a passport photo?

Hi, No there's a an upload a photo section, very simple.  I've had confirmation that my application has been approved and my licence is on it's way.  I received the below  e-mail on 8th Dec.

"Your Motorsport UK Licence and Membership Pack is on its way!

We are pleased to confirm that your Competition/Entrant Licence has been processed and will be dispatched within the next 3 working days. You should then receive your Membership Pack and Licence card in the post no more than 8 working days following this email."

Cheers Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Brilliant Mark, thanks for signing up, the Speed Series is a great way of taking the whole Westfield experience to a completely different level!

• Like 1