Custom Streams? How to delete?

TableLeg

@Chris King - Webmasteror anyone else who knows, how do I delete Custom streams?

I just looked in the 'All activity' section and have about 60 of them!!!

I may have overlooked it but can see how to delete them.

I don't think they need deleting as you've not created them. It's just another way of viewing threads you've been in, I suspect.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I don't think they need deleting as you've not created them. It's just another way of viewing threads you've been in, I suspect.

They do need deleting as far as I'm concerned !

On my tablet I can scroll down nearly 4 pages worth of 'Unread content' streams one after the other. I can see how to delete the current one but not batches of them. Anyone know how to delete them?

I tried clearing cookies but that didn't help.

They are just different views of the database that is the forum. I'm sure @Chris King - Webmaster will be able to explain better 

Just now, TableLeg said:

So this is normal??? Nearly 4 pages of this....

Untitled.jpg.4343a373a2384616ec42f9c25a1b538e.jpg

Yeah, it's just posts you've not read. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Yeah, it's just posts you've not read. 

Thanks Ian, so if I click on them will they then disappear?

I've had a little play to learn more. If I click on Activity and then create new stream

image.png.6773cc3c27d6e602791c0f14ab466e9c.png

I've then defined I want to see new posts by you, Captain and my top fan, craig:

image.png.c95dcf452d348239ad886bd144af2ed3.png

I can also delete this stream- 

image.png.542450ee33b23445227c4eeb6f5dcaa2.png

However I suspect this isn't what you've done.

2 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

Thanks Ian, so if I click on them will they then disappear?

How does it look on a PC? It make be a glitch in your tablet browser, as I don't see as many unread streams as you. I'd still not worry about it though!

1 minute ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

How does it look on a PC? It make be a glitch in your tablet browser, as I don't see as many unread streams as you. I'd still not worry about it though!

It is a Windows 10 Pc/Tablet (detachable). It's the same in PC mode. It bugs me there's so many. There must be a way to get rid of them!

1 minute ago, TableLeg said:

It is a Windows 10 Pc/Tablet (detachable). It's the same in PC mode. It bugs me there's so many. There must be a way to get rid of them!

How strange! As you can see from my screen shot above (windows 10 PC in Chromium), I only have one unread content stream. What browser are you using? I've tried firefox and IE too and they only show the one unread content stream for me.

I'm on Firefox. I've managed to delete all of them now but only by selecting each one in turn and then selecting 'Remove stream'.

Now back to just the only one I normally use.

Thanks anyway:yes:

I have loads of them too, always have.

if I click on an individual custom stream it opens up an editing screen, and I can delete it from there. I never have, nor will, as I only see them if I go looking. I do remember from one of the forum iterations a few years ago, being able to set up things like recent posts to give a customised view, so I guess this is the result.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I have loads of them too, always have.

if I click on an individual custom stream it opens up an editing screen, and I can delete it from there. I never have, nor will, as I only see them if I go looking. I do remember from one of the forum iterations a few years ago, being able to set up things like recent posts to give a customised view, so I guess this is the result.

Thanks Dave,

All sorted now, all gone by one!

• Like 2