Anyone interested in a swap! I have a Westfield carbon silencer for an S2000 and could do with the stainless steel version!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

As the upgrades get towards the end on my supercharged S2000 conversion, ten months of a Pandemic required salary sharing scheme at my business means that certain big-ticket things like a full replacement exhaust system for the S2000 are going to have to wait, if I want to get it finished.

As a consequence, I need to at least change the existing system to all stainless, as the carbon cans, can be troublesome with the supercharger, and as mine is in pretty good condition, I don't want to spoil it by having the car dyno'd on it and run for a year etc...

So, has anyone with an S2000, got a stainless Westfield silencer, in good condition, (ie no dents!) that they would like to swap for the carbon equivalent?

For ref, the S2000 version is an offside mounting, 2.5” bore and then the usual 6”x24” silencer

20201129_164228.jpg

20201129_164209.jpg

20201129_164124.jpg

I'm in Cheshire, 10 mins from the M6, jn17, happy to travel and meet part way etc?

• Like 1

Sorry for the question maybe off topic but... Why is the carbon silencer problematic with the charger? For temps?

They’ve been known to split the seam of the carbon cylinder under extremes. If you look at pics, pretty much none of the S2000S’s have carbon cans!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

They’ve been known to split the seam of the carbon cylinder under extremes. If you look at pics, pretty much none of the S2000S’s have carbon cans!

Guess the idea I had to use one for my turbo build is not that good then... better to stick with a full stainless one. Thanks for the info :)

12 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Probably can't afford them after paying for the supercharger!

Anyone?

Hi Dave, I'm picking up a Mega S2000 on Sunday. Im certain it has a stainless silencer & I'd probably prefer a carbon one if it looks any good. Got any pics? 

No problem. What parts do you want to see that don’t show up in the first post, (the photos do show up for you, don’t they?)

On 09/12/2020 at 18:45, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

No problem. What parts do you want to see that don’t show up in the first post, (the photos do show up for you, don’t they?)

Sorry Dave, pics weren't loading but I can see them now. Looks good, I'll be in touch Sunday with an update. 👍🏾

Good stuff, Dan! 

It’s like waiting for Christmas when you were a child, waiting to pick the Westfield up!

Still looking for a stainless S2000 silencer!

Sorry to read you've not found someone to take you up on this great offer!

The stainless item is-

image.png.6eb6ca1b16148a51f7e94280792e97db.png

The carbon item is- 

image.png.22d0b9014887749e196f0fdf46d31982.png

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bump for the new year!

The sport 250 with has a turbo, and comes with a carbon silencer.  I have not heard of any splitting.  

What does Westfield say about it ?  is it know a problem ?  Sport 250 price £1,308.74 But the bore does look bigger ?

image.png.a56a4a430727b324d2b8e9cc41b0ddc5.png

It's a bigger bore for the Sport 250.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.