Big Shout Out To Westfield Parts!

Andy_R

Same experience here, powerlite hi-torque starter motor and a couple of spacers ordered yesterday and arrived mid morning today, even before the Black Friday discount the starter was ~10% cheaper than direct from powerlite.  I also ordered new side screens that are on back order and not expected for ~8 weeks but I wasn't charged anymore for p&p and I was more interested in the 15% discount than when they'll arrive as the car is likely to be SORN'd until March/April. A big 👍 for the Westfield Sports Cars Parts Department.

• Like 2

I also had great service when ordering a half-hood. The website said 3-4 weeks for delivery, but in fact, it came in 2 days.

BUT.....I ordered this the day before I received the email about the sale starting the following day. I paid full price for the sake of a couple of days. Which is quite annoying. As a marketing ploy, sending an email to a client offering a big discount on an item they bought the day before is not smart.

So, a big thumbs up to them for their very prompt service. But a big thumbs down for the marketing technique, and the fact that when I called to discuss the order there was no mention of the imminent sale.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ewan said:

I also had great service when ordering a half-hood. The website said 3-4 weeks for delivery, but in fact, it came in 2 days.

BUT.....I ordered this the day before I received the email about the sale starting the following day. I paid full price for the sake of a couple of days. Which is quite annoying. As a marketing ploy, sending an email to a client offering a big discount on an item they bought the day before is not smart.

So, a big thumbs up to them for their very prompt service. But a big thumbs down for the marketing technique, and the fact that when I called to discuss the order there was no mention of the imminent sale.

I appreciate you're less than happy, but It's not exactly a secret that lots of firms have black FRIDAY sales. Westfield have for quite a few years. So perhaps you should have waited etc. 1 extra day on an item with a published 3-4 week lead time, wouldn't have hurt so much.

Did you ask if they were having a black friday sale?

• Like 1

Same here for my car cover and front brake pipes. Bought them through the discount ad in the Westfield World mag a few months back, so I've had them a while now, but this is the first chance I've had to mention it! Top service and a great quality soft cover. Quick delivery too! There were cheaper alternatives but they didn't look this good. 

IMG_20200912_110926.thumb.jpg.e40563c316a6fc1beed36c8eeebdbe78.jpg

Thanks @Patrick Costello and @Westfield Parts Dept

19 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I appreciate you're less than happy, but It's not exactly a secret that lots of firms have black FRIDAY sales. Westfield have for quite a few years. So perhaps you should have waited etc. 1 extra day on an item with a published 3-4 week lead time, wouldn't have hurt so much.

Did you ask if they were having a black friday sale?

I didn’t ask, and being new to the Westfield fold I was unaware that they held such a thing. The manufacturers of my other cars don’t, and my (admittedly cynical) view is that many Black Friday sales are less than genuine.

Anyway, my point is that it would have been nice for them to have mentioned it. That would have been the best ploy from a marketing and client retention perspective. It just seems like they missed an easy opportunity to impress.

On the bright side, the hood arrived promptly and I’m very happy with it.

46 minutes ago, Ewan said:

I didn’t ask, and being new to the Westfield fold I was unaware that they held such a thing. The manufacturers of my other cars don’t, and my (admittedly cynical) view is that many Black Friday sales are less than genuine.

Oh well, you'll know for next year! I agree not all Black Friday sales are that good. camelcamelcamel.com shows amazon prices across the year.

Anyway, my point is that it would have been nice for them to have mentioned it. That would have been the best ploy from a marketing and client retention perspective. It just seems like they missed an easy opportunity to impress.

Agree, they've missed an opportunity, however for things unique to the factory, they've got a captive audience to some extent.

On the bright side, the hood arrived promptly and I’m very happy with it.

That's great to read!

• Like 1