Right. Help me spend some money.

Steve (sdh2903)

Steve (sdh2903)

The time has come to stop asking favours for prints and get myself a printer. 

Looking at the usual ender machines but as a complete noob can you please help with my choices.

(also is this seller legit? Anyone used them?)

Ender 3 or 3 pro? 

https://www.creality3dofficial.com/products/creality-ender-3-pro-3d-printer

With the 3 pro is it worth paying for the tempered glass and nozzles upgrade? 

Or there's a ender 3 v2 with upgraded main boards and silent stepper motors and a glass bed. 

https://www.creality3dofficial.com/products/ender-3-v2-3d-printer?variant=31354217726025

Or go to the pro 5 for not much more.

https://www.creality3dofficial.com/products/ender-5-pro-3d-printer?variant=31180317491273

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve (sdh2903)

• corsechris

• Kit Car Electronics

• Chris King - Webmaster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Improving the Creality becomes a hobby in itself - little tweaks here, larger tweaks there. After many, many hours of fettling, we reached a point that prints were consistently excellent quality and r

I'd go with the 3 V2 - that has a lot of the bits I put on mine over a period of time doing upgrades.  Don't forget to add a BLTouch to the budget - it really helps to get good first layer adhesion an

Bought mine from https://technologyoutlet.co.uk and they have been spot on to deal with. Uk supply and warranty. 

Posted Images

corsechris

I'd go with the 3 V2 - that has a lot of the bits I put on mine over a period of time doing upgrades.  Don't forget to add a BLTouch to the budget - it really helps to get good first layer adhesion and quality to do a bed probe every print.

Only thing you might want to add later on would be an all-metal hot end at some point and probably a print-youself cooling setup like the new HeroMe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
corsechris

You don't need the extra bits with the 3 V2 board, just the bare BLTouch with extension cables.

Full details here:

• Like 1
Steve (sdh2903)

Roger. Jesus these things are worse than the Westfields for upgraditis and I've not even bought one yet..... 

• Haha 2
Steve (sdh2903)

Is the bl touch worth just getting right at the start or ok to add later? 

corsechris

Perfectly fine to add later. To be clear, it isn’t essential, and a glass bed is flatter than most other options anyway, but having one means you can optimise the first layer thickness over the entire print bed, not just averaging it out or picking one ‘best place’.

I didn’t add a BLTouch to my setup straight away.

• Like 1
TableLeg
1 hour ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Is the bl touch worth just getting right at the start or ok to add later? 

8 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Perfectly fine to add later. To be clear, it isn’t essential, and a glass bed is flatter than most other options anyway, but having one means you can optimise the first layer thickness over the entire print bed, not just averaging it out or picking one ‘best place’.

I didn’t add a BLTouch to my setup straight away.

Just to add to Chris' excellent response I bought a BL Touch on his advice a little while after I'd been printing and given the low cost if I were doing it again I would fit it from the get go. It's an excellent addon, I can now start the print and walk away with no pre checks whatsoever.

Steve (sdh2903)
25 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Get a Prusa! They just work. Incredibly.

I'll never sneak that past the financial controller :d

Kit Car Electronics
6 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I'll never sneak that past the financial controller :d

Prusa Mini. Seriously. You'll upgrade an Ender and still not reach this quality or reliability https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/994-original-prusa-mini.html

Steve (sdh2903)
4 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Prusa Mini. Seriously. You'll upgrade an Ender and still not reach this quality or reliability https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/994-original-prusa-mini.html

I have some stuff lined up that is longer than the sizes the mini can do. So it would end up being the bigger one at £££

Kit Car Electronics
Just now, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I have some stuff lined up that is longer than the sizes the mini can do. So it would end up being the bigger one at £££

Get a used one, there are plenty around. If you're not convinced , watch the videos I linked in the other thread and then make up your mind :) But I'll still say 'I told you so' later 

Steve (sdh2903)
28 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Get a used one, there are plenty around. If you're not convinced , watch the videos I linked in the other thread and then make up your mind :) But I'll still say 'I told you so' later 

You find me one for 350 and ill give you a finders fee :d

• Haha 2