Car insurance and essential travel during lockdown.

DonPeffers

16 minutes ago, DonPeffers said:

Seems all journalism is lies and Trump did win 😃

19 minutes ago, Alan France said:

Could there be any possibility that famous lawyer may not have actually said what famous lawyer is being quoted as saying. Perish the thought.

He might become litigious.

1 hour ago, DonPeffers said:

Seems that ship has sailed if BBC news is correct with report car use dropped 13% at start of first lockdown but only 3% at start of 2nd.

Public either fed-up with the rules or seen through them?

Correction----Thinking back I may have got the BBC figures a bit out of kilter and it was w/c 16 march 2020 when Hancock said in Parliament that all non-essential travel must now stop that figures for car use dropped 13% (so 1 week before lockdown became official) and comparison is again 7 days pre 05 nov 2nd lockdown (source BBC).

Maybe many work from home in your area Ash but plenty car use 'round my way but then we are in Scotland's tier 3 and not a full lockdown like England (terms revised since 1st lockdown).

2 hours ago, Arm said:

If said by the bbc then can and should be discarded. Was massive reduction on first lockdown around here and even this time is really noticeable

There was zero rush hour during Lockdown 1. This one has a definite rush hour but it is not a full-on rush hour.

I think the main difference this time is schools are open. During half term all us Londoners breathe a sigh of relief as there is a VERY noticeable improvement in rush hour journeys so that one thing alone is doubtless contributing to the anecdotal "lack of compliance" we think we may be seeing.

https://www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/topics-and-issues/coronavirus-hub/motor-insurance/

If I drive during the lockdown period, will my insurance be invalidated?

Your cover will not be affected if you drive during the lockdown period. However, all motorists should follow Government advice and avoid non-essential travel.

That's from the Association of British Insurers. As a broker we use 40+ insurers, and we have had no notification to say cover is going to be affected at all.

Carlie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks. The above is a tidier version of my 10 Nov 2020 post in this thread.

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO locked this topic

The topic has now run it's course and a suitable and full answer has been obtained. Hence post now locked.

• Like 1