Lights requirement for track cars

Smudge62

My mate is going to remove the headlights from his track car, I assume he has to keep brake lights and indicators but does he need to keep a switch so that he has rear lights for wet weather days, thanks

Several sprint cars do not have lights at all and do trackways but a red rear light is good if its rainy or bad visibility 

I’ve removed my headlights but left all the wiring so the rears still work.

54 minutes ago, Smudge62 said:

My mate is going to remove the headlights from his track car, I assume he has to keep brake lights and indicators but does he need to keep a switch so that he has rear lights for wet weather days, thanks

Your mate will be OK with no headlights.. loads of track cars don't have them. I keep mine on to create a little drag so others can keep up with me. 😉 

I actually got black flagged for having my headlights on at the last wet Oulton day we did?? .. and have been asked to switch lights on at other wet days??? Have had brake lights checked at Knockhill in the past too.. 

I just have break lights that's it 

I thought you are meant to indicate so the car behind knows it's ok to pass or is that just taking the rules to the extreme

As Chris says, you can “indicate” by making an obvious move off the line. Chris does this a lot. 

• Haha 2