Drive By Wire setup

LoneWolf

Hi guys,

I was wondering if a DBW pedal can be installed in a Westie? Has this ever been done? If yes, do you have pictures of the actual pedal mounted? Which pedal is used?

Sorry for the many questions 😃

Thanks.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Depends what you mean, the Sport 250 uses a Ford DBW pedal assembly and has the chassis modified to suit. But there are also DBW conversion kits for use with originally cable type throttle pedals, too. These have been used on Westfields.

Really, it all comes down to what your goal is*, and what your fabrication skills are like!

*ie, what DBW system controller and throttle body are you trying to work with, OEM, aftermarket, etc.

• Thanks 1

I'll be using a aftermarket ECU so it can work with any pedal and throttle body combination actually. Fabrication skills aren't a problem, just want to have an idea of how those fit in a Westie so I can eventually replicate the setup on my chassis.

Can you give me more info about conversion kits available, and if you have any pictures of them installed please?

Thanks 😊

David_Thame

Easiest way if you have a cable throttle currently is adapt the cable to actuate a VW / Audi item which are very common and about £30

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-ACCELERATION-PEDAL-POTENTIOMETER-SENSOR-0205001017-used-/352758851997

This is what the lads at SCS recommended to me. These are used in pretty much all VW's Caddys / Polo / Passat etc

• Thanks 1

My Ecoboost uses DBW via a BMW E46 pedal wired to an SCS Delta ECU.

The pedal fits nicely without any chassis mods

The pedal is fixed to the floor and the bulk head 

• Thanks 1
Carl Warren

I also run a flyby wire on a eco boost. 
mine used the original floor mounted pedal. 
I’ve made a mount for the potentiometer to be mounted to the scuttle. 

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, DMc said:

My Ecoboost uses DBW via a BMW E46 pedal wired to an SCS Delta ECU.

The pedal fits nicely without any chassis mods

The pedal is fixed to the floor and the bulk head 

This is very interesting, do you have pictures of how the pedal is mounted and the part number of the pedal by any chance? Thanks 😊

1 hour ago, LoneWolf said:

This is very interesting, do you have pictures of how the pedal is mounted and the part number of the pedal by any chance? Thanks 😊

Ill Try and get some tonight, its not the easiest thing to photograph 😄

im pretty certain all BMW E46 pedals are the same pal, have a look on ebay 

• Like 1