Charity Donations

Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

Hi all, 

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong place for this post but I know lots of us visit Start Line most days. 

I'm not sure if everyone goes on the WSCC Membership part of the forum, but I noticed that donations to our club charities (Make a Wish and the Air Ambulance) are extremely low.

I know it's been a very tough year for a lot of us with Covid, furlough, redundancies etc, but I'm hoping there's more than 3 or 4 people who've already donated that could buy one less Costa, not have a McDonald's, skip the Chinese or have one pint not two in the next week or so? 

So far we've raised less than 10% of what we did last year..... I'm not an AO or on the committee, just a fellow member that hopes we can raise a bit more.

Stay safe 👍

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's here- 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your reminder Rob. The Make a Wish donations are currently at £170 compared to last years £2000 so we could do with quite a few more please

• Like 2

Just a thought but how about having a Members help and Donate scheme. I’m not that technically minded and quite often call on the help and advice of other members offering to pay in beer tokens .Most of the time people help for free but I’d quite happily make a charitable donation .
Right now my handbrake needs tightening and brake fluid could do with a change ,if someone helps / shows me how to do it I will know for next time and I will donate £40 to charity .The amount doesn’t have to made public if Not wanted .

• Like 2

What a great idea @Weekend Warrior How do we implement this @Chris King - Webmaster Does it needs its own post section called "Members help and Donate scheme"?

Will see what options are available and what the team think - but not sure about having a different section as it might get confusing having multiple “tech” areas?

• Thanks 1

Great idea @Weekend Warrior!

Not sure of the logistics, but another thought may be for members to donate some parts/bits for the club to raffle off?

For instance I'm sure I've got a set of "as new" IVA indicators in the garage as well as a Mountney wheel I have never gotten around to selling that I'd happily donate....

The Mrs would be happy if I got rid of some of my "rubbish" too 😂

I am in regular contact with MAKE-A-WISH charity so if anyone wants to sell something and transfer money to me I will send it direct to their bank account so that WSCC get the credit. Or you can use the WSCC link in Andy Banks original post 

5 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

What a great idea @Weekend Warrior How do we implement this @Chris King - Webmaster Does it needs its own post section called "Members help and Donate scheme"?

Thanks Ian ,

It wouldn’t have to be called the “Members Help and Donate scheme “ that term just came to mind whilst trying to get the just of what I meant .

Another Idea would be to have an option to donate a small percentage ,or a nominal fee , on the items in the parts for sale section. There must be a way to make this discreet and optional so people don’t feel pressured.

could we get some WSCC facemasks made and sell those with a % going to charity? A lot of other businesses seem to be doing this. Not sure of the volumes/cost/charity benefit ratio though. Just a suggestion. I would buy one (provided it doesent 'chimp' my ears like the others to 😄 )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shrops-paul said:

could we get some WSCC facemasks made and sell those with a % going to charity? A lot of other businesses seem to be doing this. Not sure of the volumes/cost/charity benefit ratio though. Just a suggestion. I would buy one (provided it doesent 'chimp' my ears like the others to 😄 )

Great idea, I'd definitely buy a couple.

Oh, the ears! 😂

Covid Ears.jpg