Wheel Spacers. How far is too far?

Steve (sdh2903)

Steve (sdh2903)

So I'm still not 100% on my wheel choice for the new car. I like the additional compliance from the 13s but I don't like the tyre choice. Also between my sets of 13 and 15 there's no real weight difference to be gained. 

Now if I go back to 15s I need around a 0 offset to fill the arches which generally without going for a  custom set from force or image at £££ aren't available so end up with spacers. 

Now to fit my current 15s ideally I'd need a 35mm spacer set which is bigger than I've used before and wondered if this is a step too far? I've used 25 before with no real issues. I understand the theories of lever actions but if I had a wheel with a 0 offset the lever action can't be that far different to a et35 with 35 mm spacer? 

I'm talking about the bolt on spacers with built in studs like these

Screenshot_20201018-135045_eBay.thumb.jpg.16ca62642c4280d35828e5cf8b258923.jpg

Thoughts? 

4 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

if I had a wheel with a 0 offset the lever action can't be that far different to a et35 with 35 mm spacer? 

I'd have said the same.

Yeah will be fine👍

I can't say I like massive spacers with long studs etc,but those in you pic I would use without worry

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

Here is an interesting site which might answer some of your questions.

• Like 1