Tillett B6 fitting

NickBW

Evening all

For those with Tillett B6 seats. Have you mounted them to the floor or have you installed the seat runners as well?

Thanks

Nick

Cheers Ben. 

I'm trying to work out if I need them or not. 

You don't necessarily need them I could bolt mine straight to the floor. The seat has a threaded insert in the bottom to accommodate the bolt. I think it may be an mot requirement to have an adjustable driving seat though? But don't quote me on this 

• Like 1
Rush Motorsport
16 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

You don't necessarily need them I could bolt mine straight to the floor. The seat has a threaded insert in the bottom to accommodate the bolt. I think it may be an mot requirement to have an adjustable driving seat though? But don't quote me on this 

I don’t think so Ben

• Like 1

I have a Tillet and it's bolted directly to the floor to get it as low and far back as possible. I'm 6'4" tall and need all the room I can get.

dave

• Like 1
XTR2Turbo

It depends a bit on the age of the chassis. Later chassis with the lowered all steel floor it is easy to drill holes anywhere and fit without runners. Earlier cars with the two steel cross rails and alloy floors it’s easier with runners as they are just a bit longer and allow you to span the cross members and then put the seat back or forth where you want. Depending on the runners you may find easier to tack weld a stud on the rear end of the runner as can be tricky to access.

David 

• Like 1
XTR2Turbo

I don’t think you need runners for mot but if you do have them they must lock securely 

• Like 1
XTR2Turbo

Edit to add it not fitting with runners you will need approx 30 - 35mm spacers under the sides of the seat to stop the seat bowl touching the floor 

• Like 1