Factory ARB advice

Aeruttle

After buying my arbs with the car from the factory in 2016 I have recently decided to fit them.

Im now mid installation and at the point of having to cut the nose cone to miss the brackets and have read some bad press on the Westfield welded front arb like mine.

Has anyone any experience with these? Reviews required...

I don’t want to cut the body if they are going to be detrimental to handling.

al

DAEC4C44-A383-450A-BB74-89D914C80288.jpeg

CF24C763-D5A9-4ADA-A005-6D041DF2A2C3.jpeg

E25954E1-E332-4AC0-B657-C76EE29EBE11.jpeg

• Like 1
Jenko

Im not sure they would be detrimental as long as they are set up correctly. Companies like Plays cool do ARBs for half the price of the westifled ones, and they may be better judged in terms of stiffness....Honestly, if you have them and want ARB's, just fit them, the cut out in the body work is minimal, and in the future if you want remove them you would barely notice it.

• Like 1
AdamR

Road use? Leave em off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Aeruttle
3 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Road use? Leave em off.

Mainly road with 5 trackdays a year (with some competitive mates ha ha)

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

A (very small) number have had the bars fracture at the welds, but it is a tiny percentage, so while you might read about it, I wouldn’t worry unduly.

However, many, myself included, have found their range of adjustment way too stiff for road use on the roads around here. (I switched to softer, one piece Playskool ARB’s, for that reason).

I’d say it really depends what the roads you normally drive on are like, vs the number of trackdays you do, and how much of a real difference you think it will make on those TD’s!

Rush Motorspork
1 hour ago, AdamR said:

Road use? Leave em off.

Agreed, put them in the pile with 4 pots and carbon fibre vinyl wrap!

• Haha 2
Rush Motorspork

8 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I’d say it really depends what the roads you normally drive on are like, vs the number of trackdays you do, and how much of a real difference you think it will make on those TD’s!

Doing more TDs will make you quicker than fitting ARBs 😄

• Like 2
Chris King - Webmaster
2 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Doing more TDs will make you quicker than fitting ARBs 😄

Unless you are me 😛

Davemk1

I've found that an ARB really improves the handling both street and track. That said I had the same bar you have and found that it was too stiff even when set very soft. After a few years of use it broke in two and I replaced it with a new softer bar and it's very good.

So...the take home message is that IMHO having a bar is a good thing but the bar you have isn't the best.

dave

• Like 1