Tools you wish you'd bought sooner....

NickBW

Got to have a Multi tool (Dremel) but wish accessories stood up to my heavy touch🙄, Cordless Impact screwdriver, Powered pop rivet gun

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snags said:

Got to have a Multi tool (Dremel) but wish accessories stood up to my heavy touch🙄, Cordless Impact screwdriver, Powered pop rivet gun

My dremels keep dying, is there a decent alternative? Ideally cordless

I use the GMC unit marketed by Silverline, has stood up to some abuse as I am forever stalling it and it is still going after many years of use. Do not go for the Silverline version though. The price is good and it helps tremendously having a Silverline account, only about £20 so can go through a few before reaching the Dremel high cost..

High lift low profile jack. Dont know why I spent years fannying around with a little one. 

Reciprocating saw. 

Decent rivnut tool. Still haven't bought one. Still struggling on with the  crappy ebay cheapo. 

58 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

I recently got this one

Ryobi-Cordless-Rotary-Tool-Station.jpg

You'll have to buy into the Ryobi system as they normally dont come with batteries.

A decent 8” bench vice, I really don’t know how I managed before!

Compressor

Impact screwdriver

Impact gun

Engine leveller

3 foot long crowbar

Seeing the different tool manufacturer preferences reminded of this interesting picture of just who makes what...

power tool manufacturers.jpg

On 17/10/2020 at 12:29, Rush Motorsport said:

My cheapo “parkside” from Lidl has lasted years of abuse - despite costing “disposable” money. 

Makita cordless impact gun= priceless!!!!

In fact all the Electric tools I bought in the last few years are Makita, no competition from other brands  IMO.

• Like 1

Decent head torch.  couldn't do without.  Recent improved LED technology means they're affordable and bright,  boy I love my head torches.

On 17/10/2020 at 13:47, Rush Motorsport said:

I’m already a dewalt guy!

You can get a dewalt to ryobi battery adapter...

19 hours ago, Blatman said:

Seeing the different tool manufacturer preferences reminded of this interesting picture of just who makes what...

power tool manufacturers.jpg

The company I work for used to be owned by ITW, they own so many companies you really couldn't keep up with them all.  There were over 700! All run independently as well.