Just for fun--gov skills/careers website.

DonPeffers

Out of interest I just tried  https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/skills-assessment

questionnaire which takes 5-10 mins and suggests new careers. Doesn't ask about age, health, experience or qualifications.

6 job categories that might suit you...Sports and leisure, Computing, technology and digital, Managerial, Hospitality and food, Retail and sales, Social care were my results. There were a few (3-4) additional questions within each category.

Not sure about this site but anyone else want to try?

I did it for a laugh the other day. Utterly useless.

I got beauty therapist, barrister, and everything in between. It even listed jobs where the main skills / requirements were things I stated i didn't like / didn't have.

I wish I was joking...!

• Haha 1

I tried it too.

Gave me 3 options for a career change:

1. Pox doctors clerk

2. Ballet dancer ( although if you google my brother (Bryan Hewison) aka Billy Elliot) that slot has already been taken. ( He always did have fine legs).

3. Astronaut.

🤪

I’ve got 

Uniformed emergency services

Beauty and wellbeing  (well I’ve got an Audi TT and a MX5 now) hair and nils anyone ✂️

Social care - think that’s what I do currently given my staff! 🤣

• Haha 1

Carpet fitter and insurance fraud investigator 😂 

I got lots, I apparently can do anything I want. Accident investigator, hotel porter, teacher, Legal Clerk and my favourite Actor amongst many others.

I think that this is utter tosh it appears if you answer yes to many then the algorithm spouts out everything it possibly can.  Someone got rich selling this to the government

• Like 2

Manufacturing, Science and research, Sports and leisure, Teaching and education, Business and Finance, Law and Legal, Travel and Tourism, Emergency and uniform services, Creative and media, Construction and trades

Well that's a bit broad 😅 the possibilities are endless!

What it might do is offer a useful list of jobs and professions that you hadn't considered. Damned sight better than my old careers master at school! Otherwise... rubbish! Multiple choice never has the option I would choose anyway.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

I got waiter or check out operator. 

Surely International Man of Mystery would have been in your list?

2 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

Surely International Man of Mystery would have been in your list?

Also man of early retirement 

Just did mine. Top suggestion was ‘creative and media’. Given I worked for the BBC for 35 years I’d say it might be on to something!!

Pure luck I reckon Chris.

The phrase 'a stopped clock is right twice a day' comes to mind.