Pinto/Cosworth ultra-light steel flywheel with 7.25" twin plate Super Clutch

Blatman

This was fitted to the back-end of my Cossie and it made an ENORMOUS difference to the feel of the engine.

I used it for maybe 2 short seasons of sprinting so mileage on the parts is less than 50. It has been sat in a dry garage for the last 14 years and as you can see there is some discolouration of the intermediate plates. There is no pitting or damage though and if I was going to use these again I think I'd run them through a lathe to dress the surfaces.

There are NO friction plates that I would want to charge money for as there was some corrosion on them. They're currently sitting in a bath of Deox-C to see what happens and I will include them for FREE as I have no idea if they will perform. They are a pair of UNSPRUNG organic clutch plates with a full circle of friction material rather than paddles an dyes they were quite snatchy in use but nowhere near as bad as paddles would have been! As soon as I release them from the bucket of rust remover I'll add pictures.

The entire unit as pictured WITHOUT friction plates weighs about 6ish kilos. No I haven't actually weighed them yet. I will in the not too distant and I'll add a photo of that as well.

Tilton/Quartermaster want over 600 quid for the same thing. The AP Racing version is over a grand...

£350

clutch_1a.jpg

clutch_2a.jpg

On 11/10/2020 at 11:25, Blatman said:

They're currently sitting in a bath of Deox-C to see what happens

And what happened was the little bit of rust that was there has gone, but so has any sort of friction, so the plates will come with for sizing new ones rather than being of any use as clutch plates...

And I've dropped the price...

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.