Lsd for my live axle

Ben(EBD-ENG)

Rush Motorspork

Chris makes a fair point. Maybe try with no diff at all?

sorry....p*** taking over 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben(EBD-ENG)

• Rush Motorspork

• Andrew

• AdamR

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evidence points to the contrary 🤣

Lol. If an open is more forgiving in the wet then. It must be the suspension. Obviously it can't be my driving skill. So it must be that 

ATBs don’t require any maintenance. Plated diffs need the plates replacing eventually.    ATBs don’t work if you have a wheel in the air, so not great if you’re a kerb monster. Plated diffs

Ben(EBD-ENG)

Lol. If an open is more forgiving in the wet then. It must be the suspension. Obviously it can't be my driving skill. So it must be that 

• Like 2
Chris King - Webmaster
2 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

Perchance ye baldy tyres might play a part?

AdamR

I find open less forgiving in the wet... reason being, when a wheel starts to spin up, it SPINS UP and completely loses all grip. Meaning you then have all the grip on one tyre, and none of it on the other.

With a limited slip diff, the wheel with less traction will only gradually start to lose grip, it's more progressive.

I appreciate this is completely at odds with convention... so maybe its just me.

Ben(EBD-ENG)
2 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

Perchance ye baldy tyres might play a part?

Tyres are pretty much new cr28s. Need to do another wet trackday to see what the crack is

Chris King - Webmaster
2 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

Tyres are pretty much new cr28s. Need to do another wet trackday to see what the crack is

I meant when you spun at cadders 😁

CR28s are really good (in my crap-driving view)

Ben(EBD-ENG)
14 minutes ago, AdamR said:

I find open less forgiving in the wet... reason being, when a wheel starts to spin up, it SPINS UP and completely loses all grip. Meaning you then have all the grip on one tyre, and none of it on the other.

With a limited slip diff, the wheel with less traction will only gradually start to lose grip, it's more progressive.

I appreciate this is completely at odds with convention... so maybe its just me.

Not that I know what I'm on about but I feel once it starts to go it happens to fast for me to do anything about it. 

Chris King - Webmaster
Just now, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

Not that I know what I'm on about but I feel once it starts to go it happens to fast for me to do anything about it. 

That’s what my car was like last year. 

@AdamR had a go at Oulton and said it was “lively” - which translates as “more than your feeble driving brain can cope with Kingster”

Now it’s soooo much better as I think @Rush Motorsport will agree. 

But the number of differences between now and then are too many to pinpoint the original problem!

Ben(EBD-ENG)
22 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

I meant when you spun at cadders 😁

CR28s are really good (in my crap-driving view)

Cadders was my own fault. Torrential rain with a stiff rear end and ar1s not a good combo lol. I think maybe suspension is the main fault maybe springs too stiff or the shocks themselves have had it. 

Ben(EBD-ENG)

I'm just looking for a bit more compliance I suppose and thought maybe the diff would be the answer lol

Rush Motorspork

Can I have another go Chris? 

@AdamR I wonder if my preference is down to my driving style (or lack thereof?)

AdamR

They did seem fairly firm when I saw the car at Oulton. Probably want around 120-150lb, somewhere around there.

Ben(EBD-ENG)
34 minutes ago, AdamR said:

They did seem fairly firm when I saw the car at Oulton. Probably want around 120-150lb, somewhere around there.

Is there a way to tell what I already have? 

AdamR

Might be marked on the ends, alternatively some very careful measuring / a bit of maths.