• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thall1

• Glen_I

• jeff oakley

• etypebernard

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha, I thought the same when his details were passed on to me.....I had to do some online stalking to confirm this was correct, chatting to the driver who delivered my chassis back to me said Aston's F

Hi,    I have just had my chassis shot blasted, then zinc primed and re powder coated, along with wishbones (even had my new Westfield supplied wide track done again) and a handful of other

Show me a Westfield that doesn't rattle 😀

Posted Images

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

I’ve had loads and loads of previously powder coated Westfield parts responder coated by various different companies, never had the slightest comment about not media blasting the old powder coat off.

The only time I ever have chemically stripped powder coat off, (a Honda S2000 rocker cover), the powder coaters, just laughed and said “that was a waste, it’ll need sand blasting anyway to key the surface for the new powder coat, you needn’t have bothered”.

On a long term keeper, yes I’d redcoat the chassis, having had it either zinc primed or galvanized (one of the hot spray processes) first. But if you’re really just prepping the car for sale, it’s not worth the time and investment. Just tidy up as best as possible. You may be able to colour match the PC and spot spray in any really bad areas, but otherwise anyone looking at buying that age of car will expect a certain “used” patina of age.

Steve (sdh2903)
21 minutes ago, Glen_I said:

The chaps name is Aston Martin        (that's no lie!).

Sounds like your getting set up there 🤣

• Haha 1
Glen_I
56 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Sounds like your getting set up there 🤣

Ha, I thought the same when his details were passed on to me.....I had to do some online stalking to confirm this was correct, chatting to the driver who delivered my chassis back to me said Aston's Father was a classic car enthusiast and engineer who liked MG's but to be fair Morris Martin doesnt have the same ring😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Glen_I

Funnily enough, I popped over to drop off my alloy floor panels on Monday and Aston asked if I had mentioned him as he said someone had contacted him due to a recommendation.

I Picked the panels up 4 days later and yet again, I cant fault the finish. 

Even if you dont use him at least it gives you another quote to compare and hopefully answered any questions you may have had?

Glen_I

Its 10 mins from Junction 13 on M4, so not exactly close to Bristol.

Thanks glen -l ... I’ve already looked up where Aston is.. it’s only an hour from me so not too bad .. the other place that gave a similar quote is in Westbury so probably around the same sort of time to get to either ...

Did 1960 Dave get his done at the same place as yours?

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary
52 minutes ago, thall1 said:

1960 Dave get his done at the same place as yours?

I believe Dave used an excellent company, just round the corner from me, in Sandbach, Cheshire. (Retro Coatings)

• Like 1