Rear brake pressure reducing valve - recommendations pleases for IVA

Wavey

Friction is dependant on the force applied and the coefficient of friction, which is a combination of the friction property of both materials being pressed together.  The area does not vary the friction so smaller pads/pad area will make no difference to friction, it just decreases the heat loss.  So don't waste time with the grinder.

The pad manufacturers (and WF) need to state their coefficient of friction against the "standard" brake disc material.  Then you could chose a lower friction combination for the rears (if necessary just for the SVA).

Read all about it in wikipedia.

• 1 month later...
On 09/10/2020 at 21:01, Gary Taylor said:

I’ve used the Mazda proportioning valve on the last 2 builds and the brakes have been spot on.

like Steve says it’s more than just fixing for the day as the rears will bed in and bite when you least expect it and at the most inconvenient moment 

58E010E2-F2C2-4F9C-A438-1BEB28BB6B80.png

@Gary Taylor  do you have any pics regarding the fitting on this valve on your car?

Cheers, 

Gary D. 

8 hours ago, GaryD1971 said:

@Gary Taylor  do you have any pics regarding the fitting on this valve on your car?

Cheers, 

Gary D. 

Hi Gary every picture it’s partially hidden just getting ready to head out on a run over applecross, will grab a picture this evening if that’s okay for you

Found a picture lol,

I was using the Mazda m/c which has a direct port for the fronts. So as you can see I only used the rear bias ports which are marked in / out with arrows. The 2 unused ports at the top of the valve are straight through for the fronts

hope that helps

06DA4EE4-248D-4560-8CFF-66889F69C4C4.png

Thanks Gary, that's immensely helpful. I was wondering whether I could just use the ports needed and ignore the fronts. 

And I'm not jealous at all about a run over Applecross. Not one bit. Down here in the rain. And thunderstorms... 

Nope. Really not jealous... 😭

I can’t remember if you’re pre or post IVA. If post IVA, I’ve got the same set up, an adjustable brake bias valve from the likes of merlin worked wonders. 

11 hours ago, Rush Motorsport said:

I can’t remember if you’re pre or post IVA. If post IVA, I’ve got the same set up, an adjustable brake bias valve from the likes of merlin worked wonders. 

Unfortunately I'm pre IVA. I would love to be able to use one of those adjustable versions, but the IVA man would say no. They do look easy to fit and set up. Having said that, I've just ordered an MX5 proportioning valve the same as Gary's and they look quite easy to fit in. Fingers crossed it works on mine.