360 degree cameras?

Si.Dalziel

Has anyone ever tried a 360 degree camera on their car or any other experience of them?

Im thinking of mounting one on top of the cage which should make for some interesting videos post edit as I will be able to switch the focus point throughout and capture front and rear.

Any pointers or experience of them is greatly appreciated 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Yes mounted a Samsung gear 360 to my westy and my clk55 cabriolet. Great vid and fun to review and see so much of the action/scenery etc. Big down side no audio out put so all you get is wind noise shame. Up side easy to control from my Samsung phone

Dont have any footage on this phone ill see if i can dig it out. 

We use a Ricoh Theta at work. It's alright I suppose, takes 360 degree photos and the thing you want to see is always hiding behind a pipe.

Don't have any experience with other cameras to compare good/ bad points of it

• 1 month later...

I decided on an Insta360 One X2 camera. I need to get an adapter to allow me to power it and have an external mic when the time comes to get the kit out on the roads again. Initial footage from on top of the daily seems good even though it’s all night time stuff. Plus the app makes editing a piece of cake. There are lots of effects still to learn, but I should get some great footage down the line.

I'm not a fan, I dont even like the new gopros that seem to move a bit. 🤢