• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Seabrook

• mb893

• Blatman

• scruffythefirst

ahhhhhh b*****s  :arse:  bike crap  :t-up:  ;)  :p  :devil:

if there is one thing to be learned from this thread  :oops: zetecs are crap so are bike engine's THE END  :arse:  :devil:  ;)

Duratec's in the 1.8 & 2.0l only come from Mondeo's in the UK. Focus's have the more robust heavy duty chassis and engine mounting set up to only take the Zetec  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D    Mind you there now doing the all alloy 1.6l Zetec currently going in the Focus.

So come on then all you old VX farts how much does that piece of old steel weigh  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Heading for cover, call me saddam :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

If you are looking for more than about 220bhp the Vx may be cheaper than the Zetec but one thing the Zetec does have going for it is that you can pick up a low mileage engine from a breakers yard for not big money and drop it in. With a Vx the chances of getting a low mileage engine are almost nil and it will have been hammered from day one as these engine have been fitted to the boy racer type car in the first place.

Mmmm. Yes, a VX lump is harder to find nowadays that wont require a rebuild, but to take advantage of lower emissions regs, so is a Zetec. And lets be fair, most Zetecs originate from rep-mobiles, which have probably been thrashed just as much, if not more so!   :D

And as for low mileage ones.... :p  :D  :D  :D

shut up going on about duratecs and zetecs there ****e when will you all learn  :arse:  :devil:  ;)  :p    vx forever  :t-up:  :t-up: even though i have teenie weenie little lotus t/c  :t-up:  :suspect:

Mmmm. Yes, a VX lump is harder to find nowadays that wont require a rebuild, but to take advantage of lower emissions regs, so is a Zetec. And lets be fair, most Zetecs originate from rep-mobiles, which have probably been thrashed just as much, if not more so!   :D

And as for low mileage ones.... :p  :D  :D  :D

When I got mine it had done 6000 miles and I know of others with very low miles on them when fitted to Westys  ;)

When I got mine it had done 6000 miles and I know of others with very low miles on them when fitted to Westys  

But it was 6000 miles sat on the rev limiter from cold..... :D  :p  :sheep:

Nice to see Steve hasn’t lost any of his charm  
:D

baaaaaaaaa humbug  :arse:  :D all zetecs should be filled with water then left outside to freeze and crack  :angry:  :arse:  :bangshead:

ahhhhhh b*****s  :arse:  bike crap  :t-up:  ;)  :p  :devil:

if there is one thing to be learned from this thread  :oops: zetecs are crap so are bike engine's THE END  :arse:  :devil:  ;)

No I am right, take the vehicles they originaly come from a Hayabusa is much faster than an Astra GTE  :)  :)

So it must be a better engine  :D

And there have got to be more cars featured in Lacks Power Mag with Astra engines than Hayabusa engines.

Can you have a car with an Astra engine without a Sub Woofer   :D  :D

And there have got to be more cars featured in Lacks Power Mag with Astra engines than Hayabusa engines.

Thats because you could buy around ten VX engines for the same price as one Hyabusa. ;)

And the Hyabusa motor wouldnt have enough torque to run an alternator big enough for the stereo system.... :D

*joins in the "my engine is the best" argument*

The thing everyone seems to be missing is that the *1.6* Vauxhall  engine is better than everything that's been mentioned so far, particularly Zetecs and Xflows...  :D  :devil:  :D   Mine's chucking out a perfectly reliable 115bhp / litre and there is *much* more to come  :t-up:

And as for bike engines... Seems you have to turbo charge them or install them in pairs to go quickly...  ;)  :D