Where to buy a new english axle ?

Jari

Gary Taylor - Scotland AO

Evansandsonrallyspares.co.uk

I've used these lads before They do axle rebuilds and can supply the parts ( axle and internals, radius arm brackets and pan hard bracket) also do a rear disc conversion.

you would need to tell them the measurements off your own axle;

length of axle between back plate flanges, distance between the radius arm bracket and distance from back plate flange to the pan hard bolt centre along with photos and I’m sure they could do the fabrication work , then you could sort out what you want on the internals and they will do the rebuild as well if required

Chat with them and send pictures / descriptions of what is needed.

Good luck

5 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

I've used these lads before They do axle rebuilds and can supply the parts ( axle and internals, radius arm brackets and pan hard bracket) also do a rear disc conversion.

length of axle between back plate flanges, distance between the radius arm bracket and distance from back plate flange to the pan hard bolt centre along with photos and I’m sure they could do the fabrication work , then you could sort out what you want on the internals and they will do the rebuild as well if required

Good luck

Thanks ! I will have a look.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/09/2020 at 14:44, Jari said:

Thanks ! I will have a look.

On 29/09/2020 at 14:39, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Good luck

I contacted these guys and they will make one for me. Now I just wonder if I should take disc brakes instead of drum but Im thinking of the balance. Will there be too much brake force in rear then ? A bias valve is not accepted for road cars in Finland.

A LSD I will likely take as it is not that much more money than a conventional.

Gary Taylor - Scotland AO

Hello Jari , I’m glad they can help you, for a road car then the drums will be fine and it saves you any complications with the authorities 

8 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Hello Jari , I’m glad they can help you, for a road car then the drums will be fine and it saves you any complications with the authorities 

Thanks ! Drum brakes then. They use 9"- RS drums. Should be ok ? 

• Like 1