CV Boot Help

Need a new inner CV boot on the Westie.

Had a look at what's fitted. It stated BT-108 on it but can't find any ford specific parts anywhere fleabay/euro car parts etc.

Westfield are listing them at £17 odd, which is a little steep.

Also does anyone have part numbers for track rod ends as I'm guessing these are a standard part somewhere without the Westfield mark up?

TIA

Barnsley John

Just done mine on s2000 if they are similar you get boot and cv bearings end for 17 pound 

• Like 1
Barnsley John

Theres also full write up a how to change one  cos i did it if you need any helplet me know 

• Like 1
SootySport

The six torx screws on each end of the driveshafts can be a pain to remove as most peeps loctite them in, heat from a blowtorch will help and spray with penetrating oil when hot.  Depending on your diff and cage you should be able to just undo the Inner flanges only and remove the inner cv joint, that will allow you to slide both cv boots on.   The cv joint is retained by a circlip under all the grease andeasy  to remove.

For track rod ends, they can be bought from your local car parts shop, you need Cortina 3 versions, take the old one with you.

• Like 1
CosKev

Replace the Torx head bolts with 12.9 allen cap head bolts👍

Barnsley John
On 29/09/2020 at 08:56, CosKev said:

Replace the Torx head bolts with 12.9 allen cap head bolts👍

Good point i replced mine as its false economy at 12 bolts for 2 pound at bapp for bolts 

• Like 1