Oil cooler piping

Paul Hale

Paul Hale

My Seight has an oil cooler fitted, but I note that one of the short feed pipes to it hangs very low at the front of the car-in fact, lower than the sump! I am keen to avoid seeing this pulled off on traffic calmers etc. and wonder if this is normal, or should I / can I reposition if, out of harm’s way?

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO
6 minutes ago, Paul Hale said:

My Seight has an oil cooler fitted, but I note that one of the short feed pipes to it hangs very low at the front of the car-in fact, lower than the sump! I am keen to avoid seeing this pulled off on traffic calmers etc. and wonder if this is normal, or should I / can I reposition if, out of harm’s way?

Doesn't sound good @Paul Hale some pics of it with the fitting at either end may help us to advise. It may simply by a case of adding a P clip to support it, or rerouting etc. May be the fittings at either end can be loosened to allow the hose to swivel and then tighten to re-secure with reduced sag etc.

• Like 1
the stoat

Also double check if the cooler is needed.  If you are not doing track work it could be over cooling.

But as above I would want it out the way as the cooler pipe on a previous car let go and it is amazing how much oil is lost in a few seconds.