Wscc musical chain...

GaryD1971

Cure's Robert Smith played with Siouxsie on tour when Banshees guitarist left and they were supporting Banshees on tour.

It was highly influential on him and resulted in a change of musical direction for Cure's 2nd album.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hong Kong to China which could be a country in crisis due to some kind of virus... 

China Crisis was a band I never really paid much attention to in the 80's, but looking back,this is a great track... 

a great track gary, and back in the day was an old girlfriends and i ' our tune' as it were.

funny as have been listening to 80's stuff which at the time i never liked, now however i missed out it seems as i like most of it, lol...thats age for you.

Absolutely Richard. I now have an 80's playlist on my amazon music account which keeps expanding with tracks that I never really liked back in the day, but now I really like. It must be the lack of modern music that I can relate to... 

its funny because i find myself today saying the same as my mother did to me back then, what are you listening to that rubbish for, here have a listen to this... i do not seek out modern music, it sadly comes free of charge through my walls - kids next door... and its all mainly very high speed bass drums and lots of shouting which sounds quite appalling to me , but thats just what my mum said to me about the human league...

• Like 2

I had to do it.

8 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

I had to do it.

😆😆🤭

If we're moving into gnome territory, then 🙈:

pink , i first thought of that female singer from a few decades ago, then remembered this as one of the songs that played over the pa system at stock car events in the 70's, together with another one called mouldy old dough

7 minutes ago, OldStager said:

pink , i first thought of that female singer from a few decades ago, then remembered this as one of the songs that played over the pa system at stock car events in the 70's, together with another one called mouldy old dough

I think this is the forth time Lily the Pink has been on this thread. Just goes to show you can't keep a good song down and what great musical taste we all have. 

i had a huge crush as a kid on her, anyway wilde to kim herself

Just now, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

I think this is the forth time Lily the Pink has been on this thread. Just goes to show you can't keep a good song down and what great musical taste we all have. 

is it oh sorry, well it was a track that had a huge impact on a 7 year old  when listened to with 40 odd cars racing feet from you, lol...

1 minute ago, OldStager said:

is it oh sorry, well it was a track that had a huge impact on a 7 year old  when listened to with 40 odd cars racing feet from you, lol...

It's not a criticism, it's a classic song. Don't see why we can't have repeats. The following songs will be different. 

true.

nothing at all to do with this thread, but here is a pic of a 7 year old holding the flag, i wonder where i get my motorsport interest from, lol....

232645638_NewBrighton1974.jpg.1a2a5d047294d91ab7105629bbc338ae.jpg