Honda S2000 Brochure

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Must admit I was disappointed by the car having used it for 1 week, in that the engine needed stirring to use at everyday speeds, finish was poor and fuel consumption was terrible. However sounds like the engine really suits the Westies lightweight application, maybe where it should have been in the first place.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2020 at 13:08, Snags said:

Must admit I was disappointed by the car having used it for 1 week, in that the engine needed stirring to use at everyday speeds, finish was poor and fuel consumption was terrible. However sounds like the engine really suits the Westies lightweight application, maybe where it should have been in the first place.

Disagree, I had one for a couple of years back in the day as a daily and i loved it. 

It sounded like this though so the neighbours not so much. 

33 minutes ago, RussH said:

Disagree, I had one for a couple of years back in the day as a daily and i loved it. 

Never had you down as a serial hairdresser 😉 Russ!

How did you rate the handling? Are they as bad as they make out for snapping of line with no chance to catch it and no warning?

33 minutes ago, RussH said:

It sounded like this though so the neighbours not so much. 

It would have sounded much better in a car less than 1/2 the weight !

I had an 04 so the first of the facelifts, this was back in the day (2006 I think) before I did any track driving, but it was the car I learnt to drift so it can’t have been that bad. 

I can’t remember crashing it anyway!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

How did you rate the handling? Are they as bad as they make out for snapping of line with no chance to catch it and no warning?

A couple of easy suspension tweaks gets that behavior under control pretty effectively. That doesn't excuse Honda for not doing it right in the first place...

• Like 1