NOT Pablo Escobar.

DonPeffers

today  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-54204133   "'He's no Pablo Escobar, just a wee guy from Tranent' ".

"Young Scottish engineer stuck in a Greek jail and facing extradition to Qatar.  

Qatari authorities want him returned to the country to face a one year sentence he had no knowledge of.

They claim he passed through the country with drugs paraphernalia. 

He was arrested after they found a small plastic herb grinder he had bought legally in Australia as a joke gift for a friend in Scotland.

The project manager spent six hours in cells before returning home.

He was unaware that he had been tried and convicted in his absence and sentenced to 12 months in jail in the Middle Eastern state - which made him a wanted man."

He was let go in Qatar after a short investigation and allowed to fly home.

Somewhat bizarre case showing how careful you need to be in foreign jurisdictions.

As well as nasal steroids to treat polyps I use a nasal saline solution and when in Aus.  years ago, simply used salt to make the solution. 

I did remember to ditch the sodium chloride before flying home via a Middle Eastern country and am glad I did.

Makes you think.

It might be apocryphal, but there was a story of someone getting arrested in Dubai because they failed a drug test - poppy seed from a bread roll they'd had for breakfast in the UK before getting on the plane.

Even when transiting through Dubai & Doha, I always make very sure to comply with their rules.

On 19/09/2020 at 21:06, corsechris said:

It might be apocryphal, but there was a story of someone getting arrested in Dubai because they failed a drug test - poppy seed from a bread roll they'd had for breakfast in the UK before getting on the plane.

Even when transiting through Dubai & Doha, I always make very sure to comply with their rules.

Your supposed to eat it not smoke it !

On 19/09/2020 at 21:06, corsechris said:

That specific case may be apocryphal but it seems that poppy seeds can indeed lead to a positive drugs test result.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/poppy-seeds-alter-drug-test-results/