Audi centre armrest phone connection

shrops-paul

hello

I have a 2020 A5 and under the armrest is the phonebox charger space for my phone, and in the plastic is what looks like a USB C size socket for connecting. On this model you cannot yet do wireless carplay from iphone, so rather than use regular USB to the slot under the dash *and a long cable), is there an alternative cable that goes into this little socket under the armrest?

Ive searched audi accessories and just see regular USB cables for iphone, nothing that seems to have this smaller connection. I guess it has replaced the original larger, square MMI interface connection?

TIA

Is that all it is, a USB C port? Hmm. Thanks. I asumed / interpreted it as something more complex like the older MMI square cable. Thanks @Blatman

1 hour ago, Blatman said:

Dunno. Can't see it from here. Maybe a photo... :devil: 

Aha! So there’s a limit to your powers after all! 😂 

here it is. Looks like a C 

61FFD195-9965-4A86-B34B-532EBE2373A5.jpeg

That’s the industry standard symbol for USB and yep, looks like a C to me as well. 

or pay 3 times the price for an Audi item- image.png.6ba5e1ab4714b00e1700756801697d7c.png

@shrops-paul on a side note you can do wireless carplay with a bit of easy coding with something like an OBD eleven adapter... managed to enable full wireless Apple Carplay in my Audi - PM me and I can explain in more detail if you want that feature!

• Like 1

Hi.

Its an lease car so I'm not brave enough to hack about myself. I think wireless will be coming soon anyway via an update. I bough a cheap little USB adapter form amazon. £6.88 for two in case i lose it 😄

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CVX3516/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, shrops-paul said:

Hi.

Its an lease car so I'm not brave enough to hack about myself. I think wireless will be coming soon anyway via an update. I bough a cheap little USB adapter form amazon. £6.88 for two in case i lose it 😄

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CVX3516/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ha ha all the more reason to play with it, as it won't be your cost if you break it etc! I've had lease cars remapped at my risk in the past!