SEIW Shock absorbers

WillC

Have a 2004 built SEIW Wide body with sqeaky rear shocks. Look to be probably original Westfield supplied shocks, no leaks, but hellishly squeaky even with silicone spray which quietens it marginally. Has anyone a decent pair of shocks for sale to cure the problem in the short term, until maybe I invest in some upmarket shocks protech, Gaz or similar. Thanks

I have a pair which were new in 2003ish and have only done 3500 miles ( car has been of the road since 2007).

I thought one had seized but it was the detent on the knurled knob that had seized, works fine with the good one fitted from the other shock, you could use the one from your shock and then hopefully this will keep you up and running until upgrade time

£25 + postage for the pair?

20200915_174245.jpg

20200915_174313.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Could you just explain which exact part is seized and what would need to be transferred from my other shock. If it is an easy fix they sound good, if only to confirm my diagnosis. Price agreed, so will await your reply .

Kind regards Bill

Hi Bill,

The part that is seized is the little detent ball on the damper adjustment knob, I removed it (held on with grub screw) and have soaked it but the detent wont return which it should as its spring loaded, this is what is used to give the 'click' when turning the damper adjustment knob, so at the moment it just turns. 

If you removed one of yours from the faulty shock then it can be fitted to the replacement one.

Maybe see if you can remove it first and send me a picture to confirm it's the same as mine first,  you will need a 2 or 3mm allen key and make sure its pushed all the way in before loosening it as it's a little tight.

Hope that makes more sense

Hi again,

I will look at it tomorrow and get the knob off hopefully. You should have a further message later tomorrow.

Regards

No worries.

It's a 2mm allen key and be careful as the detent and spring should 'ping' out if it's not seized.  

As you can see in the photo my one is seized in place after I pushed it in to hopefully try and free it off but it never returned🙈

20200916_213310.jpg

Hi again,

Had the adjuster off is identical to yours pictured ,so will have the shocks please. If you pm the cost when you know the post I can pay straight into your account if you wish.

Kind regards

That's good news then, leave the postage with me and I will be back to you later on today/evening.

Kind regards 

I can do you some NEW... Hot off production dampers, once WSCC discount (effectively full trade) has been applied for £74+ VAT each + Carriage.   I have a Dark blue set under my desk built as a special colour I can do for a better price.        

• Like 3

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.