Wanted, SEIW *SORTED*

JIMROY

HI there,

I'm a new member looking for their first Westfield. Ideally, I'm after a wide body, Zetec or red top and preferably injection, although wouldn't dismiss carbs on the right car. I'm not after a project but don't mind if there is some work to be done. I do like the full cage, carbon, team dynamic look but again, this is something I could do myself at a later date.

The car will predominantly be used on the road, but with the odd track day in mind. 

I'm based in Warwick but am willing to travel and my budget is between £8,000 - £11,000. 

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help!

Jim

Edited by JIMROY
car found

Hi Rory's dad!

Your car sounds just the spec and has the history that I'm after. 

Please could you advise on the amount of money you are looking for it. Also, have you got any up to date photos of the car and under the bonnet, front suspension etc? 

Is the Cocast engine still available as I'm wary of a Red top porous head issues.

If it is easier for you to send me photos via Whatsapp I am happy to give you my number.

Kind regards,

Jim

3 hours ago, JIMROY said:

I'm wary of a Red top porous head issues.

If one that has gone porous* and has been repaired, it will be absolutely fine and won’t happen again. Most have been fixed now, due to the time they’ve been around. Even a head that hasn’t been done isn’t a majorly complicated thing to do, though, so I certainly wouldn’t be put off by it.

*Porous is actually completely the wrong term, but it’s how they’re known and were stuck with it! Unfortunately though, it makes people unduly worried, as it sounds so bad.

All the fault actually is, that people are referring to, is a problem with one oil way, from side to side on the engine, between cylinders two and three. It passes very close to a water passage, and can sometimes develop one or more micro cracks in one, main, specific area, between the oil and water passage. This is totally, permanently fixed by a couple of well known methods.

3 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

If one that has gone porous* and has been repaired, it will be absolutely fine and won’t happen again. Most have been fixed now, due to the time they’ve been around. Even a head that hasn’t been done isn’t a majorly complicated thing to do, though, so I certainly wouldn’t be put off by it.

*Porous is actually completely the wrong term, but it’s how they’re known and were stuck with it! Unfortunately though, it makes people unduly worried, as it sounds so bad.

All the fault actually is, that people are referring to, is a problem with one oil way, from side to side on the engine, between cylinders two and three. It passes very close to a water passage, and can sometimes develop one or more micro cracks in one, main, specific area, between the oil and water passage. This is totally, permanently fixed by a couple of well known methods.

A Duratec swap 😄

32 minutes ago, RussH said:

A Duratec swap 😄

But he wants a reliable engine.

• Like 1

Hi Jim

I also live in Warwick and our SEiW is for sale. It is a 2.0L Zetec on ZX9 carbs. It might be a little older than you are looking for (1995) and under your budget at £6500 but is great fun. Paintwork on close up is starting to craze, worst is o/s/r wheel arch (see image). Tonnue cover, full wet gear, doors in two sections so everything fits in lockable boot, luggage bag for weekends away, real leather colour coded seats. More than happy for you to view or I will come to you for a viewing. I have attached some images, should you be interested give me a call on 07714207137.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

John

20200920_122155.jpg

20200920_122338.jpg

20200920_122349.jpg

20200920_122857.jpg

20200920_123813.jpg

20200920_124638.jpg

20200920_125312.jpg

20200920_125326.jpg

20200920_125345.jpg

DSC03960.JPG

DSC03961.JPG

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.