Peak District Run Out, Sun13 Sept

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

No problem, I only realised after parting company with Ian, just the other side of Leek. I very nearly just drove back, but thought I’d try the phone!

9 minutes ago, Greenstreak-Andy D said:

Hi Julie,

There was a mix up when I asked for a black coffee. They offered me 2 inside the cafe and later Dave E said, there’s your coffee Andy. So I went back to the cafe to pay for the extra and they said it was their mistake and not to worry about it!

So you may have taken the hit!!

Send me your bank details and I will settle it in full. 

Andy

@Greenstreak-Andy D even I don't have burgers for breakfast! This was the lunch we had, as we popped back after we'd lost you!

Thanks @Julie Hall - Peak District AO for sorting this out, you shouldn't have to and I'm sure the 'forgetful offenders' will be in touch!

1 minute ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

@Greenstreak-Andy D even I don't have burgers for breakfast! This was the lunch we had, as we popped back after we'd lost you!

Thanks @Julie Hall - Peak District AO for sorting this out, you shouldn't have to and I'm sure the 'forgetful offenders' will be in touch!

Just enjoyed the morning and didn’t want any bad feeling. Julie and Glen did a great job and was happy to settle that. But you are right, I didn’t get to the cafe for a second time, as i had to be back for Oscars rugby!

Andy

• Thanks 1

We had joining us Andy and Anne, Andy and Becky, Andy Greenstreak, Bill and dad Bill, Mike Snappy and son Ryan (14), Nigel O, Martin Neptune, Simon, Dave E, Ian K, Jim, AndyR in the Porsche, potential new members Jay and daughter and later on Chris and Mo. 14 cars not bad to say we only decided on Friday night to put a run on, so thank you all for coming.

Breakfast at The Bull

DSC03132.JPG.e9bed49ed8181d74ef0831ca22adc9e1.JPG

DSC03134.JPG.a62132d9bafe051fe32d67aa723dac7c.JPG

Heat wave? it was freezing up there yet as I write this I am stood in shorts and a t-shirt, weird. After breakfast and Ian's stories of his big, hot tunnel we decided to go and count how many cyclists were in the Peak District. It sometimes felt that way, Tour de France on the TV and they all come out, says she who is on a cycling holiday next week, it's Rutland Water so it's 95% off road thankfully. The roads were relatively quiet as it was still early, you should have seen the traffic that we passed in the opposite direction coming in to the Peak District as we exited later on.

Simon has got a great trick there, photographing the cars in front and picking up the others behind in his mirror, just like Ian did the other week, I am jealous. I notice the naughty Honda Boys were at the back, the fastest place in the convoy, on a VTECH Venture. I have no pics on the move today.

After a good wiz around, finding all the chevrons that we could, a squeak of the tyres and suddenly we were back where we started, the most COVID friendly place for all of us to be. 

The cake arrived, what is it with these Brummies, just like @Andy Westwood, Becky's cake came out twice as big as everyone else's, so we cake shamed her while Andy said his prayers.

DSC03152.JPG.eae75e851f4e3086378fea883d206d12.JPG

Mo was busy 'losing her glasses' but Chris asked me not to mention it, hope the 'doyle' fitted anyway.

So here we are parked in some odd places at The Bull at lunchtime

DSC03145.JPG.2bd98ad3358a5bd61fdb14abb2d01b35.JPG

DSC03147.JPG.0373cd6fa62068c85f47a03ab0812a66.JPG

And soon one by one we left, with there being so many I thought I would ask if we had cleared the bill, I remember last year walking out without paying in the town centre, I felt like a right crim. Most places we pay on ordering and here is no exception so I don't know why they changed it today, I think to stop us all from coming inside - COVID friendly see.

Simon next to Andy's Porsche

DSC03141.JPG.dbf96d3f0ddd715032c3ca27ca0afbbf.JPG

Jim's new Honda

DSC03143.JPG.05379dbed52e27e082f9080b767b93f1.JPG

Mike and Ryan's car

DSC03144.JPG.c1c1bd63e5f445e6ce5532ec1f0f34eb.JPG

Bill's car

DSC03148.JPG.6c577df05080e08a9c20980ca70aa448.JPG

Andy and Anne's car

DSC03151.JPG.a6e1dbe4cd505b0a7665e15a84e00bba.JPG

Wow that was a great turnout but now we are restricted to meeting in a group of 6 people for the forseeable future. Glen and I will still be out and about and perhaps we can work out a fair way to see some of you. Thanks for coming everyone.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

I notice the naughty Honda Boys were at the back, the fastest place in the convoy, on a VTECH Venture. 

I may have given way at certain points just to hear the Vtec Song. We all know the Honda boys are the fastest so it’s easier for us to catch up lol.

AF0600CD-13AC-4E7A-825B-8AD0D8F5732F.jpeg.93c805664ead9412c05b736ceefacb77.jpeg

The Porsche is nice but it’s no HOONICORN lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m gutted that I missed this one😩, I didn’t see the post till late last night and I’m suffering from a leg injury so my gear changes would be very painful.

Weather permitting and me seeing the post in time I hope to join you all on the next on. 

• Like 2

Great to see everyone and thank you Julie for organising a fantastic trip out ... was lovely to see a train of Westfield's from the back with my heated steering wheel on full 😉 

Saying no names so embarrassment is spared ... but remember to look on your nose before asking staff and fellow members where your glasses are or @Julie Hall - Peak District AO will feature you in the magazine 😉 🙂  

Some pics from me which I'm afraid aren't great as I was taking them through the windscreen.

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Andy_R said:

my heated steering wheel on full

😀You are so going to get a shock when you turn up in the Cobra and freeze with us lot, pics were good too.

4 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Thanks @Julie Hall - Peak District AO for sorting this out, you shouldn't have to

I should have left it really because it was @Greenstreak-Andy D who had left his details on the track and trace form for the whole group, they would have knocked his door not mine😃

• Haha 1

Thanks guys and girls for a wonderful Sunday morning, we left Birmingham in beautiful warm sunshine and headed “up North” to freeze our bits off!! To say it was chilly in them hills was the understatement of the day 🥶 thank god the group of people warmed the atmosphere up. It was our first group meet for this year so we were not disappointed by seeing lots of friendly faces, a great drive round the peaks followed by a nice piece of cake, see you soon folks luv us southern softies ps it was lovely and warm back in brum 😜

2F95D977-B0CA-435E-B3DF-46ADFF9F8950.thumb.jpeg.f656a8217f100be763efed84d186a0ec.jpeg

1719378D-65B8-4785-A694-C49F8210009E.jpeg.245b54298e68c302b7353ec5a5c2b5c2.jpeg

826EEAFD-1843-403C-BA44-5B28C4AEC733.jpeg.9db3d6b0aba9e54139dd90b5ec557249.jpeg

back home to the sunshine

2737B076-26C9-4A28-8600-DEF6FA56C95D.thumb.jpeg.e84de64012f1825fd33715d951d1ffa8.jpeg

till next time.

02FA6632-B7B2-4525-9F79-9611447E2777.jpeg

• Like 5

Well - that was one of the best-attended Peak District runs I've been on. Great to see so many cars and owners.

I woke up to clear blue skies and absolutely no wind - perfect Westie weather. On the climb out of Ashbourne, the Peak District micro-climate took over and gave us cloud, gales and what felt like single-digit temperatures. There were still a handful of drivers wearing shorts though.

An epic bacon buttie was followed by an epic journey around some of the best roads the Peak District has to offer. Sadly, Julie managed to line us up behind a bus, a Sooty van, a caravan and an articulated truck. However, they were merely minor inconveniences compared with the hundreds of lycra-arsed cyclists that Julie managed to track down - she seems to have a talent for seeking out Lycra, as it's a recurring theme of our drives out.

Given the latest COVID restrictions, it's a shame to think we won't get such a great group together until at least next year

• Like 4