Narrow body bonnet.

GaryD1971

18 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

It won’t be ZK if it’s a narrow bodied car :) 

Mine is definitely a widebody Mark. The bonnet i have bought to replace my existing bonnet is the narrow body version as it doesn't fit my car. Or so i believe anyway! The jury is currently out...😁

24 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

It won’t be ZK if it’s a narrow bodied car :) 

the point was the new bonnet, which is kit, doesn’t fit the existing bodywork, the existing looked from one angle, like it might be wide ZK, Though having dug other photos out, it does look more like kit, in those, while the new is kit, and from a narrow car.

I'll get some measurements on my bonnet this weekend, but in the unlikely case that your measurements match my "lowline" car I'll be more than interested !

(and as a side note, it is possible to patch the hole. Not a fun job, and ideally you have to work on the car with the bonnet in place not to introduce warping, but...)

image.png.9c6e77937803aa150b74d633537eb925.png

image.png.8b1c41f28c9df132774945a539d56b96.png

Doable. Cardboard "backmold", polyester fumes, and lots of sanding with a long straight block (a spirit level with double sided tape and 240 grit works in my case)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GaryD1971 said:

Mine is definitely a widebody Mark. The bonnet i have bought to replace my existing bonnet is the narrow body version as it doesn't fit my car. Or so i believe anyway! The jury is currently out...😁

Ah, I read it that you’d just bought the wrong colour, not that you’d also bought the wrong width :oops:

1 hour ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

Ah, I read it that you’d just bought the wrong colour, not that you’d also bought the wrong width :oops:

No, no. I have compounded my woes by not only buying the wrong colour, but also the wrong width too! 😂

1 hour ago, nice_guy said:

I'll get some measurements on my bonnet this weekend, but in the unlikely case that your measurements match my "lowline" car I'll be more than interested !

(and as a side note, it is possible to patch the hole. Not a fun job, and ideally you have to work on the car with the bonnet in place not to introduce warping, but...)

image.png.9c6e77937803aa150b74d633537eb925.png

image.png.8b1c41f28c9df132774945a539d56b96.png

Doable. Cardboard "backmold", polyester fumes, and lots of sanding with a long straight block (a spirit level with double sided tape and 240 grit works in my case)

I am currently getting a price for carriage up to Scotland for Craig, but if he doesn't want it I'll let you know. 

I am considering having a bash at glassing the hole. I may be in touch for further details.... 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.