Narrow body bonnet.

GaryD1971

Hi all. 

Due to my own stupidity and not asking enough questions, I have for sale a bonnet for a narrow Westfield. The colour is definitely not yellow. I believe the label inside partially states "burnt" but is mostly unreadable (see pic). It's more orange than yellow. It's also definitely not wide body, but may be lowline as it's considerably lower than my existing one, but please check your own chassis measurements to be sure.   

The measurements are as follows :-

Height - front 185mm (centre of bonnet) 

- Rear 230mm (centre) 

Width - Front 700mm

- Rear 910mm.

All measurements are approximate. 

As can be seen from the pics below there are a few chips and lumps that will require repair to make the bonnet good. 

Considering it's never been used, it's had a hard life. It will also require a good polish. 

IMG_20200901_184602.thumb.jpg.681379d39e6bebb1e750e00ac5a8404f.jpg

IMG_20200901_184611.thumb.jpg.b82aa63773c176e4f4a9f47f8e47633d.jpg

IMG_20200901_184616.thumb.jpg.f0c62afc50ccd463bc2f7faa8f61ca1e.jpg

IMG_20200901_184631.thumb.jpg.f46f22149efff9a79e59602a85372075.jpg

IMG_20200901_184651.thumb.jpg.553bd01cd9bfe5ef846f9cd17e192f59.jpg

IMG_20200901_184716.thumb.jpg.2f9ae0cecb1caf2534675ad4ce2fe710.jpg

The Pic below shows the colour difference, proving it is not yellow... 

IMG_20200901_184807.thumb.jpg.a069d74564a290e15da61ef083613cf3.jpg

I paid £60 for the bonnet which is what I would like to get back for it to keep the financial controller happy. Hopefully she'll speak to me again once it's gone! 

I would prefer collection but I can wrap it up if you would like to arrange your own courier. Just let me know. 

Thanks for looking. 

3 minutes ago, Craigib76 said:

Where are you about??

I'm on the border between Norfolk and Cambridgeshire in a village called Walpole Highway. 

It looks like Chrome yellow, whilst yours looks like Canary yellow, unless that's the camera lighting. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

It looks like Chrome yellow, whilst yours looks like Canary yellow, unless that's the camera lighting. 

The camera lighting is one of the reasons I bought it in the first place! 😂

I always thought mine was chrome yellow but I'm happy to be corrected! 😁

16 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

was going to say the same 

Mine is Canary Yellow which looks the same as your existing bonnet, and the other one is Chrome Yellow (as mentioned)

20200322_112114.jpg

39 minutes ago, Glen_I said:

Mine is Canary Yellow which looks the same as your existing bonnet, and the other one is Chrome Yellow (as mentioned)

20200322_112114.jpg

It does indeed look the same as mine. I understand now how I bought the wrong colour bonnet!😂

1 minute ago, Glen_I said:

Dont worry.....we have all made those iffy purchases! 🙈

To be fair, the advert had very little detail and, for some reason, I asked very few questions. My own fault, and with a bit more questioning I would have saved myself a bit of time and hassle. Live and learn.... 😁

Picking it up is not going to be easy, I am in Central Scotland.

anyway it could be wrapped up and somehow get to Scotland lol

19 minutes ago, Craigib76 said:

Picking it up is not going to be easy, I am in Central Scotland.

anyway it could be wrapped up and somehow get to Scotland lol

I can certainly wrap it up and it was sent to me by Hermes so it can be done. If you PM me your address I can get a quote if that helps. 😁

Can’t be certain from the limited view of your car, but it looks like you may have the current ZK bodywork, whilst the “new” bonnet is the earlier Kit bodywork.

46 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Can’t be certain from the limited view of your car, but it looks like you may have the current ZK bodywork, whilst the “new” bonnet is the earlier Kit bodywork.

I'm fairly certain mine is kit bodywork Dave, although, again, I'm happy to be corrected. Mines a 1996 version with a one piece tub/arches. No locating blocks on the tub, and a slightly different shaped scuttle. I did buy a dashboard from another member a while ago and I had to modify it to fit. If it helps, I'll happily PM you some pics? 

57 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

It won’t be ZK if it’s a narrow bodied car :) 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.