• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven (WE51STE)

• Blatman

• Mark Stanton

• adhawkins

So if i go for the SEi starter pack with power coating and v8 bonnet from westfield - A reconditioned LSD and Type 9 Gear Box.

what engine and power combo would fit in with budget to get the compete car road legal?

Personally I found that gluing some ridged rubber sheet to the footwell floor improved things for me - helps stop your feet sliding about.

I too get terible cramp in my clutch foot (top mounted pedals in a pre-lit) because of lack of room (size 11 feet don't help either)  :arse:

I've just been and purchased some of that self adhesive sandpaper stuff for a skateboard, in order to do something similar   :t-up: .... Anyone have any comments / have I done the right thing?

Moldy

what engine and power combo would fit in with budget to get the compete car road legal?

Vauxhall C20XE is a very good combo.  <!--emo&:p

2 ltr, 16V, 170 easy bhp with improved intake and exhuast. Try that with a bog standard 2l Zetec and you get to a modest whatever 140hp or so...

{flamesuit on}

NB

Wide tunnel (MT75) chassis but with a type 9 fitted will move the engine back for better weight distribution at the expense of room in the footwell

Buy/fit a proper braced roll bar NOT the single westfield one that `may` still be available from them.

Ensure brake and fuel line run inside transmission tunnel

FWIW

Mooncloud , hi steve,tis the best £25  you will ever spend.

Firsly you know its got to be a 2 lt zetec :love:  

you know if you go vx they can be awesome with plenty of horses to spare ???  but it;ll cost you a bl**** fortune :oops:

and lets face it,a zetec will still be a hell of a lot lighter :devil:

Yes to the type 9 box,agree with andy and blatters  :0

about the footrest,tis a godsend on long journeys.

And with your big feet your gonna need as much room in the

footwell as possible :blush:

As mentioned at the meet,your welcome to come round and look at mine (ooh matron) :devil:

pm me your mail address and i'll forward that build info.

cheers for now.

rob :cool:

You can talk all day about which is better, Vx or Zetec.   If you do want all out power, it is true that the Vx may be better to squeeze more out of.   If however, like me, you will be using the car on the road with just the occasional track days, then either one is as good as the other.   I'd cost out whichever installation is the most cost effective, and make that the deciding factor.   I suspect Zetec is the cheaper, but I'm only guessing here.

What about Westfield do they haggle on price / extras

they do. just tell them that if you dont get a decent price you wont get bits from them. works for me  :t-up:

What about a Ford Duratec

The cost is the same as you need to buy everything bellhousing throtle bodies exhaust etc. etc.

It is as light as a K at around 95kg's

You can talk all day about which is better, Vx or Zetec.   If you do want all out power, it is true that the Vx may be better to squeeze more out of.   If however, like me, you will be using the car on the road with just the occasional track days, then either one is as good as the other.   I'd cost out whichever installation is the most cost effective, and make that the deciding factor.   I suspect Zetec is the cheaper, but I'm only guessing here.

Of course you could fit the best engine EVER made, a X-Flow,more than enough power(except for the car park bragging),cheap and plenty of parts available. :D  :D  :D

"Ducks and runs for cover...."

Of course you could fit the best engine EVER made, a X-Flow,more than enough power(except for the car park bragging),cheap and plenty of parts available. :D  :D  :D

"Ducks and runs for cover...."

Don't duck and run mate  :D  :D  :D

Keep your head held high and walk slowly.  If for no other reason to keep you from slipping on the oil  :D  :D  :D

I do think you mannaged to sum the X-flow up very well though  :D